• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38lsb

I wish I had the space and money for a beam. I like my groundplane but I know a beam is a lot better for shooting skip.
First you need to define "better". A vertical actally has a lower TOA than a yagi mounted vertical. You can lower the TOA of a yagi by mounting horizontal, but then you lose groundwave ragchewing. So it really is all relative.

If I had the room I would have a ground plane and a beam, the best of both worlds.(y)
Antenna's are just goofy that way. I put up a vertical quad which has a low TOA, is still vertical, but it's narrow banded. There is no one antenna that will do it all, it's a series of trade offs.

I run a set of maco 3's 25ft off the ground with less than 100w and can talk to pretty much anyone I hear on LSB. I get on AM and cant be heard over the big guns LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.