• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4300-300, 98VHP, or 63FFC2 ???

i have the 98vhp...296 in canada....i have found...when i am on other radios...i try dx...and i cant bust through...with the 98vhp...when i talk i am heard....i love it..

couple things i dont like..
side mike...
5 digit counter

i make due...i have it on base setup .. so i can make do with the side mike...and i am not an AVID ssber..

my next high power radio will be the 4300-300..or the new galaxy(when it comes out) with 4 x 2879s

wow, is there a new galaxy coming out sometime soon?

i really have decided to go with the 4300-300 because of the output and front mic.... but i'd like to read more about the new galaxy (if there is one)?

snake eyes

fnkycoldmedina said:
and i,ll bet they are just swapping in the 2879`s with no other changes ...this just simply cannot be done ...theres alot more to it than just swapping in other transistors.then theres the added heat factor,not too mention the stress on associated parts and the power line coming in .not worth doing in my opinion .if guys want more power i dont know why they just dont buy a amp and run it .

then theres the trucker that says my company wont let me run a amplifier .well then whats that built into that radio then ?a amplifier right?lol.....
good luck with whatever you choose,just dont believe the hype about swapping in bigger transistors,its not needed,its just thier way of getting in your pocket.
Yeah forget about it. Bad idea. Run it like it is and have good audio , its always better than splattertastic watts.

exactly...i mean this 98vhp works awesome...i can't wait to try the new big galaxy...i'm thinking it will basically be the same radio...just with 4x2879's instead of the 8xIRF520's

Ok, Galaxy might try a larger radio I don't know. I think they are kinda at a reasonable limit with four 1446 finals, four 2879's will add new problems into the mix.

One question I have is the reason given for these radio's is drivers that cannot run an amplifier in their truck so they need these big 4 pill radio's. Ok....you still have to run a dedicated #8 or #6 power line to the battery, your company is ok with this???? That said I think the largest radio you can run off the posts is a Galaxy 93T or Connex 4300.

Maybe the answer is to up-grade the post lines under the dash so no one can tell by looking that anything is out of order.

I still want to know what a Galaxy 98 does with a good tune, and why that is not enough for the average driver to talk on?

the echo on the 4300-300 sounds terrible. once you get it, you will find out.. everyone of these that i have sold has come back wanting to upgrade the echo because of that, and the talkback is all over the place from the factory, so the best solution for that is to replace it with full variable talkback. the reason that the factory chose to use a different echo then the standard ones used in the other connex radios is due to size...the amp takes up a lot of space. and it is a very tight to fit to install the TRB-1 and UTB board in one of these. it requires that you remove the internal speaker. anyways. the radio is great other then that....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.