• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4300-300, 98VHP, or 63FFC2 ???

Snake Eyes said:
wow, is there a new galaxy coming out sometime soon?

i really have decided to go with the 4300-300 because of the output and front mic.... but i'd like to read more about the new galaxy (if there is one)?

snake eyes

Yeah what i heard from Ray GRTS that there gonna have an export radio similar to the 2547 base. He didnt specify what it was going to have for finals. I dont know where that other person heard its gonna have 4 2879's in it but i dont know if they would do that in a base radio though. I dont think it would make all that much sense.
A. Because the power supply would have to be friggin Massive.
B. I think having that much power in the mobile would sell alot better also. But i dont know i dont work for galaxy and im not in sales.
If thats gonna have 4 2879s in it as a BASE RADIO that will be friggin Sick. especially for us base station people. But imagine how much thats gonna cost. OUCH.
:D:D:D:D Maybe we'll be looking at a newer higher power version of the old saturn turbo. :D :D :D :D
73's
~202~

i guess next they'll put a 2 pill driver in there so you can have a 2x4 in your radio and sell it as a kilowatt plus radio . :wow :nutzo :frky :gdlf

BOOTY MONSTER said:
i guess next they'll put a 2 pill driver in there so you can have a 2x4 in your radio and sell it as a kilowatt plus radio . :wow :nutzo :frky :gdlf

Thats probably what will happen there Booty Monster!Hell it wan't talk any better or farther than the 95T will. :p

maybe palomar will get into export radios and come out with a radio with 15x50x300 MOSFET's , one for each day of the year .
and for the hardcore crowd a special leap year edition!! 16x50x300 :mad :wow

a fool and his money..................

Butcher318 said:
Whatever radio you get don't go jacking it all up by putting 2879's in it. That has to be the poorest suggestion I have seen yet. Give the radio a nice clean correct tune and leave it alone. If you want more power get a smaller radio and a decent amp or keep the radio and get a big amp. I'm sure it's already going on, hack shops all across the country are charging drivers 150 bucks to put "hotter finals" in their new Galaxy 98. And then I'm sure they quote them some rediculous wattage number so they can brag about this Big radio they got. What a waste of money and an exellent radio gets wrecked.

I would like to know from someone that has either of these radio's what they do with a proper tune? I guess I would rather have one that does say 375 on frequency properly modulated watts then 450 overmodulated splattering watts.
I typically see about 350 on my meters, yet I have done the 4x2SC2879 mod and it will do 525 on my meters. There is alot more than just changing over from the 1446s though. The 63FFC2 does about 200 on my meters after a good tune. The 98 has the same amp on it and does the same.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.