• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Amplifier???

I would like to issue an apology. I am used to dealing with unsavory persons and those of unfavorable dispositions. I see there are a few of them over here now too. Physics is physics, and I cannot argue with that. I'm just used to constant verbal abuse and having everything I say questioned from that "other" website that many of you dislike. To the fine upstanding members here, my apologies.

I'm going to have to disagree right there...I run a Cobra 29 on a DAVE MADE 1x4 which is a Class C box and I will gladly key down with someone of similar power. Not only is the DAVE box louder, but my audio is crystal clear. Yes Class C amps can splatter, but there are a few ways to avoid that. First of all, buy a DAVE MADE, the box is built expertly, and secondly, make sure your install is clean. Get your SWR's FLAT, run a secondary battery, dont starve the amplifier, ground the second battery and the amplifier to the frame. You'll power the amp as it needs to be powered, and have loud clear audio. I also recommend a Cobra 29 stealth from Sparky's. that's a bad mamma-jamma and well worth the money. I run that radio with an RF Limited TRB2 into the Dave Made and I am quite satisfied.

I have heard that nonsense every now and again.........If 4 Cbers have a Cobra 29 and all are using different 1x4 amps, the Davemade 1x4 will be louder. If that were true then Davemade would win all the local and national keydowns........of course that rarely happens.
Thanks for the laugh.

Hello Everyone, Im thinking about buying an Amplifier for my Cobra 29 NW Ltd. i also connected 2 Wilson Antennas to it. ive been seeing a couple of Amplifiers online. But since ived never bought one before what would be a good one to buy??? Maybe X-force, Fatboy, etc.?????? can anyone help
Xforce 1x4 mobile is a great choice. No extra alternators. Www.xforceamps.com

i think he may be a moderator on a forum somewhere ................

I don't think he has forgiven you concerning the Hitler U-TUBE video.....
poke.gif

I have heard that nonsense every now and again.........If 4 Cbers have a Cobra 29 and all are using different 1x4 amps, the Davemade 1x4 will be louder. If that were true then Davemade would win all the local and national keydowns........of course that rarely happens.
Thanks for the laugh.

I heard this many a time......."There ain't no audio like Davemade audio" .
o_O

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.