• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

and the fun begins

Had to show him who's the boss :LOL:

On a side note, one antenna is finished and being tested right now, as soon as I get my camera back from the wife I'll post pics of the entire process. I gotta say, it's been fun building the antennas, and they don't look bad if I say so myself, hell, they look factory made! I blame it on my OCD

A few pics from my crappy cell phone...

This is the 22" bottom shaft, all 1/2 tubing. Brass lug on the bottom for the stainless 3/8x24 stud, stainless head with stainless stinger. I put a temporary coil on it for the time being, but may end up painting everything anyway. I'll post up my test results most likely next week.

Attachments

• Antenna1.jpg
    Antenna1.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Antenna2.jpg
    Antenna2.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Antenna3.jpg
    Antenna3.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 79
  • Antenna4.jpg
    Antenna4.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 79
So far with the antenna installed, we're looking at a definite winner here. Everything looks great on this, and receive is just awesome. I'm working my Roadpro Titan II into a small 2x1446 box, all Belden mini 8 coax and the antenna mounted in the center of a tool box in the bed of a Ram that's been completely bonded with 1" stainless ground strap.

I don't have solid readings as of yet, but the stations I've contacted are both local and a few at distance from my location. All are noting a marked improvement over the Wilson 2000 my antenna is replacing, I'm even making contact with one guy I always had to get messages relayed with before. I'm putting a MFJ-259 to it soon, my findings will be posted as soon as it's done.

I'm in the process of building two more now, just for the hell of it, a T Top style antenna, and one I call the Beast, which is solid 3/4" tubing, with 3/8" tubing for the coil. Pics to come.

It's been a while since the last update, I've got a few antennas built now. I finished the Beast, and one I pay homage to the state I'm from. I actually went a little further with the beast, a lime green coil clear coated with glow in the dark paint.

The other antenna mentioned, is what I like to call the Longhorn Edition, as the colors go right along with the UT Longhorns colors.

Attachments

• Glow Beast.JPG
    Glow Beast.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 35
  • Longhorn Edition.JPG
    Longhorn Edition.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 34

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.