• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

any no this amp body?

mr.anderson iirc? maybe richard anderson..wait,maybe that was a calif builder i read about..
already to much info in my brain and my hard drive cant sort it all so well when i need it..
if only it had folders i could scan :D

ive pluged in and tested half this load and so far everything works..
i can actually see the old pride digital w/out glasses on,nice and big numbers.
it says on it made by handicapped veterans..thats cool!.
i assume all prides were from them as well but not sure.

hey,on a 4 amp p.supply running a 12 volt radio will it hurt the radio if i try to talk? just wanna test the other stuff,but i read i really need a 7 amp p.supply? then again the 2 amp seemed to run it just as well just never talked but a couple times w/no replys where i live.

no doubt..they way things are going in the political world there trying hard to change that too huh:bdh:
from my cold dead hands maybe.

If you think the government will come get your guns......you would need to be delusional like the NRA.

I like that old Midland 13-898B. That was my very first radio way back in 1977. I still have it sitting on a shelf in the basement. Not sure if that Siltronix 90 VFO will work with it or not. IIRC the VFO I still have and used with the Midland was a model 80. Can't remember what the frequency requirements were and which VFO model was suitable for it. It was a great talker BTW.

If you think the government will come get your guns......you would need to be delusional like the NRA.

i dont think they will because of the state i live in..but i def belive a war on american soil is a def possibillity in my kids lifetime,and maybe mine..and sadly we would prob loose if you read up on the military we have left thats trained and ready to go.i wont say who to thank for that! or that our peace treaty with iran was the dummest thing we ever did..then we give them @#$ millions to get there nukes done faster..
btw i love your location remark(y)

Either that or listen to the likes of Alex Jones.
GFR rocks to this day! good music never dies:D

I like that old Midland 13-898B. That was my very first radio way back in 1977. I still have it sitting on a shelf in the basement. Not sure if that Siltronix 90 VFO will work with it or not. IIRC the VFO I still have and used with the Midland was a model 80. Can't remember what the frequency requirements were and which VFO model was suitable for it. It was a great talker BTW.

the siltronics is actually set up with/for the old midland since way back then i was told..but you could be correct as thats just what i was told by the po.
the midland has a plug"looks to be added" comes out the right front corner bottom,that plugs into the vfo..
im trying to fit everything in the cave at the moment but will def be trying the midland out soon..
i read they lacked a lot in there day compared to the trams,but it is in real good cond..and a good one to hold onto..

If we are, ever invaded, I hope it's during my lifetime.

amen to that brother..i tell the wife i wish it would happen before i die so i can at least try to protect my kids and help them out best i can.she says im a sad person to wish that it would happen now..only thinking of my kids tho to be honest.

sad thing is imo,our america has changed so much that if we got attacked,they say russia and germany will fall in and help them attack us..man that wouldnt be good..

i never got into politics/economy and all thats happening till past few yrs,and ive read and learned more than i ever learned in school lol.
my kids think im nutty when i try to tell them thing they should save and kinda prepare for,just incase.
ive learned im gonna have to do everything so i dont talk about it anymore with them..maybe when im gone they will be more thankfull for me and my ways then.

the siltronics is actually set up with/for the old midland since way back then i was told..but you could be correct as thats just what i was told by the po.
the midland has a plug"looks to be added" comes out the right front corner bottom,that plugs into the vfo..
im trying to fit everything in the cave at the moment but will def be trying the midland out soon..
i read they lacked a lot in there day compared to the trams,but it is in real good cond..and a good one to hold onto.

I keep hearing people today run the Midlands of yesteryear down but I distinctly remember back in the day people saying good things about them and the 13-898B in particular. It always worked great for me and I always bot good reports with it. That radio has a relay in it for rx/tx BTW. If the transmitter is flaky or receive noisy or intermittent it probably just needs to be cleaned. Sitting around for years not being used can do that.

well ck,i plugged in the midland and it dont turn on..the fuse looks good but i will change it and try again someday..the inside and out look real good for it not to work so hopefully its something simple.
not really into fixing it now but i finally did get some stuff on the shelf in the shack..
i plugged the johnson messenger in and all the tubes lit up then it started sizzilin lol,from the rear left corner.
i turned it off fast and it still cooked for prob a hole minute,crackling an frying bacon lol..
man did it have the worst electrical stink i ever smelled,well,almost..the inside of it looks real good also..maybe someone will need parts someday so i dont have to trash this stuff that dont work..i will get tired of the stuff sooner or later and weed it out as i get other stuff..

the lil receive boxes def make a difference in hearing someone a lil better too!

im hoping to try your"how to adjust tube amps"tomorrow and will reply in your thread about it..
then when done i will reply in my thread sending them to yours lol.
i started a thread about the messenger m500 with a burnt spot in the board also..

Attachments

• messenger m500 016.JPG
    messenger m500 016.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 6
i dont think they will because of the state i live in..but i def belive a war on american soil is a def possibillity in my kids lifetime,and maybe mine..and sadly we would prob loose if you read up on the military we have left thats trained and ready to go.i wont say who to thank for that! or that our peace treaty with iran was the dummest thing we ever did..then we give them @#$ millions to get there nukes done faster..

I don't think you'll have much to worry about a war on your soil unless your biggest allies the UK turn on you,only thing that would bring that about would be if you tried to fuck with our world trade, they are about the only nation in the world with the balls and and willpower to take on much bigger countries and win,China and Russia may have the ability but I think they lack the ambition, The old Soviet Union couldn't even crush Afghanistan, never mind the USA and shat themselves when JFK threatened them with annihilation. The Chinese have come so far in recent years economically they be throwing away everything they've worked for and they know if they launched an attack the whole of nato would respond.

I don't think their leaders would feel overly safe knowing the SAS where operating inside their boundaries, they ain't known for taking 2nd prizes, most of them are Scottish and my country has been the backbone of the UK fighting forces since the UK was created, and if my country gain's independence next year the UK will fall apart anyway.Most of the UK nuclear arsenal is only a few miles from my house and like tora bora is nigh on impenetrable,

Your biggest threat lies inside your own country,with the ultra right wing groups and also the masonic influence throughout your government, so ingrained its on every dollar bill, washington streets are formed in the shape of the pentagon, a masonic pagan symbol, your ministry of defence is called the pentagon, i wonder why? philadelphia is loaded with masonic shit too.

the biggest mistake you made wasn't making peace with Iran, it was supplying their neighbours Israel with nuclear capability and US/UK defence systems,destabilising the whole region. For a country so hung up on the holocaust they persecute the Palestinian people in a similar way the nazi's did them, they learned nothing. Iran probably wouldn't have nuclear ambition if it wasn't for their neighbours having them, its called a defensive move, not an aggressive one as the media portrays, I wonder who owns the media machine? same people that own the nukes that are a threat to Iran, if I was Iranian I would be preparing for first strike capabilities, the minute they threatened me I'd hit them with everything i had and catch them cold, Just remember how your people felt when Khrushchev put SS4's on your borders,I'm sure the Iranian and other Arab nations feel the same way.

had Saddam Hussain been a bit brighter he'd have done likewise as we were massing on his borders with an all out return to sender chemical strike against us, before the SAS it up his scud sites and guided in the laser guided bombs, enyone could have predicted the dates of the invasion as it was always going to be a full moon to give bombers the best chance of hitting whatever the first cruise strike failed to take out.Had it been lead by a ground offensive it would have started with new moon to give invading troops greatest element of surprise under cover of darkness.

There's far more chance of civil war or terrorist/your own government launching a false flag dirty bomb attack on your country than there is of invasion, history has proven most invasion were triggered under false premise in the quest to form a one world government thats never going to happen with so many religious and cultural differences on our planet, and to disintegrate your freedoms and rights.

As for guns, as long as you have guns lega,l people will kill people with them, even here where they are illegal to carry they are becoming more commonly used, as the Police armed, it left the criminals no choice but to do likewise, in my city buying guns including things like mac 10's, drugs etc can be easier than buying bread or milk. 20 years ago you'd struggle to buy any here as the Glaswegian method was always the blade, up close and personal, that's far from the case now, simple fact is if you don't make them people can't use them, the arms industry has more civilian blood on its hands than any killers, yet they walk free amongst us, go figure ! Shoot one person here you can get 16 years in Jail, make enough weapons to kill millions, chances are you will be awarded the nobel peace prize, unfuckingbelievable, even Hollywood couldn't make that shit up.

Only fucking cowards use weapons, real hard people use fists ;) and real smart people use words. ;)

Last edited:
OK Let's leave the political BS out of it OK? This thread has nothing to do with politics of any sort.

Johnny9, that Midland has a timer that will turn the radio on/off. The knob to the right of the clock has to be in the ON position before the POWER switch is enabled. That clock may not be functioning BTW. Mine seized up looooong ago and I had to clean and lube the clockwork motor drive in it.

The overwhelming majority of Democrats don't want anything more than more extensive background checks. Of course implementing that would be a bureaucratic clusterflock.
Unfortunately the only Democrats who seem to get all the media attention are the radical left wingers.
The US government will never take anyone's guns because that would mean political suicide.

well said jz.. well darn it captain ,i didnt even think of something like that..hey,i learn something everyday.
well if and when i ever take it off the shelf i will have to try that,it def looks to good to have to trash it..thanks again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.