• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone Using Rack Gear And A Studio Mic With There Radio....

Would do it the other way around. On a mixer, I usually run the input 1/2 way and same with the mic channel; then turn the main out as much as you need . . .

I will give it a try.

I like that better....but pretty much the same....now the main mix is where the gain was set.....3 o clock.

Are you DI r going in at the mic jack?

just getting everything assembled now and trying to get the correct voltages from the stock mic. going to go in the mic jack for now. These components were chosen more for future use on hi end xceivers with accessory port for the balanced modulator.
Keep us posted on the DI for a 148, I have one that it may be fun to attempt.
My fluke 87V is giving me fluky readings......

Reactions: Eastside
Another preamp? Seems that is likely to cause/add distortion.
I'd rather just turn up the input into the mixer and avoid adding any external noise from another device.

Eastside; what kind of mic are you using?

just getting everything assembled now and trying to get the correct voltages from the stock mic. going to go in the mic jack for now. These components were chosen more for future use on hi end xceivers with accessory port for the balanced modulator.
Keep us posted on the DI for a 148, I have one that it may be fun to attempt.
My fluke 87V is giving me fluky readings......

Yes...that is how i did it too......when you get the mod done...you will be amazed at what a humble 148 will do......its bone stock other than that.

Another preamp? Seems that is likely to cause/add distortion.
I'd rather just turn up the input into the mixer and avoid adding any external noise from another device.

Eastside; what kind of mic are you using?

MXL V63M

Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.