• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone Using Rack Gear And A Studio Mic With There Radio....

Okay so now I have the icom 746 and I will be In market for a good speaker setup. Any suggestions? I also am looking at headphones as well. Have some beats but too much bass response. Thanks for any replies

And oh yes went to radio shack to look for a simple eq, Notning lol. Go figure. Cell phones galore though if you need a charger!!

Okay so now I have the icom 746 and I will be In market for a good speaker setup. Any suggestions? I also am looking at headphones as well. Have some beats but too much bass response. Thanks for any replies

I just have a old jenson bookshelf size speaker hooked up to my 148......have a really high end sennheiser HMD 224 headphones with boom mic...has xlr plug for the mic and 1/4 ph jack for the headphones....got them from a radio station auction...other wise i would never have been able to afford them.

Taking a side street on this thread.

I want to wire PTT and channel up/down to foot pedals.
I see a number of of them labeled "sustain".
Are these simple stsp's in spring loaded to normal open or some what different?
Cant find any detail and I have looked elsewhere.

ex.: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/162243-REG/Yamaha_FC5_FC5_Foot_Switch.html

I think Heil makes those if u wanna shell out the $$
I made one of my ptt and I bought one from heil.
And oh yes went to radio shack to look for a simple eq, Notning lol. Go figure. Cell phones galore though if you need a charger!!

Shadio rack is not the electronics store it once was.

Thanks for all the replies. Will have to look around for the speakers. I will let you know about the eq there mb91w126. Again thanks for everything. God bless.

Sony MDR 7506 headphones were recommended to me, they sound great.

A good foot switch can be had at the Singer Sewing machine store IIRC I paid less than 10.00 for mine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned