• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

base anntena

iv herd of them antennas but iv never seen one. online or in person. and if i remember right. i dont think anybody that talkes on our local channel down here run one either. but i do kno that one of the locals run a se of moonraker 4's. (i think thats how you spell it) and they are nice and talk and receive amazingly! i asked him where i could find a set back when i lived in a place that i had room to have a set, and he said they where discontinued. :'( i was pretty sad when he told me that.

Oh don't be sad. The Moonraker is one darn good antenna that everyone's heard of, but it still won't keep up with a well tuned 4 element quad.

Thanks man. I might actually condiser gettin the 2 element one. I should have enough room to turn it where I'm at. Everything else is too big. Are they any good? Or are they about the same as the imax 20000

ANY beam is much better than NO Beam . . .

Even a two element quad beam isn't all that hard to make, and is relatively cheap to make. There is a thread on this forum by HomerBB that shows how to do it yourself. Very effective. Have talked to him when he was using it. Me likeee . . .

Lol. Ok. Thanks man. Ill do some lookin around for it.

It may be a bit of a read to read all of the pages, but you will learn as you go if you do.
Once you read it, just ask some questions about building it for your own station - on that link.

http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-antennas/130572-outdoor-loop.html

This is a picture of HomerBB's loop antenna that evolved into a 2 element Quad beam - a very effective and easy to make antenna that has excellent performance.

0010.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.