• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best CB Shop dribble I've heard yet...

The only reason the Galaxy 99 is so powerful you need two antennas is because the CB shop just got a load of dual trucker mounts from China for $9.99 a pair and they gotta move em. Next week when the el cheapo power mics are delivered that same radio will have such low audio you'll need the power mic. I just hope they don't find a sale on 30 amp fuses or they'll start turning up on every job too.

A modern day snake oil hukster! Did he have a group of truck drivers huddled around or only one? I bet they all whipped out their "wallets on a chain" after that line.

Is it possible that the salesman was using hyperbole to make his point? I think it's kinda funny personally. But then I also think a chain drive wallet is cool.

Is it possible that the salesman was using hyperbole to make his point? I think it's kinda funny personally. But then I also think a chain drive wallet is cool.

I always thought the reason truckers used those wallets on a chain was because most of the ones I see are so fat if they dropped their wallet they couldn't bend over to pick it up and the chain was just so they could pull it back up off the floor. :whistle:

JK

Reactions: 1 person
Have you ever spent time in a truck stop and looked at some of these guys. Now i know there are decent drivers out there but man, some of these guys are stereotypical nasty asses. No wonder the general public treats most truckers like low life scum of the earth..

Have you ever spent time in a truck stop and looked at some of these guys. Now i know there are decent drivers out there but man, some of these guys are stereotypical nasty asses. No wonder the general public treats most truckers like low life scum of the earth..

That is because it's one of the few jobs you can do in life where you go for months at a time without seeing your boss. But in driving, like most other professions, there is a place for the so called non-hackers. Some of the driving jobs require little skill or effort so they tend to fill up with the scum that gives the rest of us a bad name.

Wanna pick out a driver in a place other than a truck stop? Black boots. Black jeans. Black T-shirt tucked into the jeans. Belt with more accessories than Bat-Man. Black hat of some sort. It seems to be the current driver costume.

There are bad apples in every job, I know a lot of Drivers that are good people, work long hours for the money they make and deal with morons on the Highways every day.
The Industral Machine would grind to a halt quickly if not for these guys & gals moving freight day and night to keep all of the rest of working and keep food in the house.

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
There are bad apples in every job, I know a lot of Drivers that are good people, work long hours for the money they make and deal with morons on the Highways every day.
The Industral Machine would grind to a halt quickly if not for these guys & gals moving freight day and night to keep all of the rest of working and keep food in the house.

Jeff

Well Said.

I have no clue what "shop" this was because I only caught the discussion during skip, but thought it was worth posting...I can only say for sure it was coming from Texas.

Late last week a CB Shop and (what I assumed to be a) truck driver were having a conversation regarding a newer Galaxy radio. The shop insisted they could get a ton of power out of these newer radios with their special mods. Right as I was starting to lose the conversation, the shop said clear as day: "...this radio will make so much power you will need to run two antennas, one for transmit and the other for receive..."

Maybe that's my problem, I have only one antenna? :D

This is so funny. i have a 3kw amp and i use one antenna. lmao

K3CFC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.