• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bird 43 Mod ?

Thats the first one I looked at, then came across this one, difference was the " two-position Element Range extender circuit " this is very appealing to me.

I would not put more power through an element than it is rated for no matter the compensation rate.

The PR-90 requires no ''Hot gluing'' of any parts.

I know the PR-90 requires a power source be that a 9 volt battery and or has an input socket for an external wall wart.

I assume the other is converting rf power for it's power source for it's pep function.

i used one ,loved it .

mvc005fl.jpg

Shot at 2009-09-27

I assume the other is converting rf power for it's power source for it's pep function.
Nope, it uses 9 volts as well. I set mine up to do x1, x2 and x4, I rarely use the multiplier, but it's definitely nice to have. It also has a built in calibration circuit using the 9 volt supply. I had issues with my PR-90 and sold it.

Keep in mind (if it matters to you) that Bird specifies the regular average-reading 43 at a max error of +/- 5% of full scale. The 43P, either from the factory with the PEP circuitry or with the official Bird PEP circuitry installed aftermarket, is specified at +/- 8% of full scale for PEP measurements. (Still +/- 5% FS for average.)

That's plenty close for government work Beetle (y)

I sure hope so! I think I calibrated at least a thousand of them in the late 1960s when I worked at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard! Recalibration every 6 months, including calibrating the specific slugs with each unit. Slugs stayed with their own meter for the equipment's life cycle.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.