• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

bleed over

148GTL or similar chassis with receiver selectivity @:
(Grant XL, Grant LT....etc..)

AM: 6dB @ 3 KHz, 50 dB @ 9 KHz.
SSB: 6 dB @ 1.1 KHz, 60 dB @ 2.3 KHz.

put him off of one of the two sides of the beam (not off of the back) and use ANL only, (No NB) slightly reduced rf gain if necessary. might be a good time to try SSB operation.

the only other "made for cb" rigs to surpass these receiver selectivity figures is the Realistic (Uniden) HTX-100 (suitably modified) and Stoner Pro 40. most HF rigs would also be an excellent choice. the export rigs will not cut it in this situation.

im not a RF technician or guru but in my short time in 11m cb, i have noticed if you live within close proximity to another station tx'ing on 11m meter,you both could have the cleanest radios and there would still be some sort of interference even if it is only 10-20khz(or in cb land "KC" = KHZ,LMAO) away,or just some extra static around the noise floor .....it is nearly unavoidable to a certain degree......

just imagine if you had and a extremely close neighbor (in the city probably no less then 20ft away)had an 11m radio also.....you would never hear anything other then that person on any freq you would try to RX on if they are TX'ing....

there are just to many variables to really pin down the cause of it.....9 times out of 10 it is becuase of a trashy TX on a radio being amplified or just being flat-out to close together....

also...when you complain to another CB'er that the interference is trashing your RX.....most will treat you like crap over it.....most wont take into account of they are making your CB experience un-enjoyable,selfishness???....

when i moved from columbus,oh to where i currently live in buckeye lake,OH,i moved within a close proximty of a guy 2mi or less miles away from me....hes uses a yaseu FT-101e, he totally bleeds the crap out of my RX on 11m.....i dont complain tho....he is a good guy to have a qso....70yr young guy....very respectable....some people are not so lucky tho....

"unavoidable to a certain degree...... "

sitting in the middle of a truck stop surrounded by drivers operating on various channels throughout the bands........

while talking to and HEARING stations thousands of miles distant on 38lsb and using a vertical (no beam)........with the 148 or any of the others that i listed.

that test has been ongoing for 10 years now and the results are always the same. replace them with any export model and i'm incommunicado. (can't hear 'em now, no sense in transmitting)

that's the difference a receiver can make, whether you believe it or not is of no importance to me.

freecell said:
"unavoidable to a certain degree...... "

sitting in the middle of a truck stop surrounded by drivers operating on various channels throughout the bands........

while talking to and HEARING stations thousands of miles distant on 38lsb and using a vertical (no beam)........with the 148 or any of the others that i listed.

HAHAHAHA....thats a good one.....get your map quest ready.....

i live in buckye lake OH, 1 mi maybe less from the exit 129A on truck stop(duke filling station)on I-70...i dont have much of a problem with the truck drivers splattering at all....maybe a little scratching right on the 0 of the noise floor normally.....once in a while a driver will come thru and i will have a substantial amount of qrm on ssb...an there are thousands of trucks that come thru this area.....

although,the guy 2mi away on the old yaesu ft-101 (with a 1/2 wave vert 30ft or so up)when transmitting hammers me from 26.835 - 27.615....when tx'ing on ch2....i can tell whenever he keys up anywhere just about....even if he is on SSB....but like i stated earlier hes a good guy...and enjoyable to talk to,so i dont complain....oh well...im not going to bang my head against the wall with trying to totally absolutly elimnate something that may only be supressed to a minimal level....that is what i meant to say....

freecell said:
that's the difference a receiver can make, whether you believe it or not is of no importance to me.

this is what i dont understand.....are these type of comments ment to show your arrogance or is that just your normal personality???maybe you were not refering to me...i dunno....

....i apoligize if i didn't WOW you with radio genuis like you have me sir.....i was just stating what i have expeirienced with AVG cb's,i never said i tested evey reciever possible obviously....

also im not the only poster that said it my not be entriely unavoidable within a close proximity either....

"i can tell whenever he keys up anywhere just about."
you failed to mention what rig you were using..........

my comments are meant to show that adjacent channel interference is not always as unavoidable as you or others might seem to think it is, pure and simple. don't confuse my experience and tenure in this field with what you mistakenly believe to be some kind of arrogance. in case you missed it i was speaking about the superiority of a selective receiver front end over the majority of poorly built equipment available on the market these days and not my own self-importance. that you find that offensive is none of my concern and doesn't automatically make me "arrogant".

freecell said:
my comments are meant to show that adjacent channel interference is not always as unavoidable as you or others might seem to think it is, pure and simple.

i never said it was totally unavoidable....but with the majority of todays so called techs,export cb's with horrible RX,and unwilling to learn operators....it might as well be unavoidable...

the avg CB'er does not have access to your brain or any information for that matter that would be useful in the approach of achieving a "no splatter" RX in any AVG 11m radio

freecell said:
don't confuse my experience and tenure in this field with what you mistakenly believe to be some kind of arrogance.

you just had to edit that in there huh....well thats fine sir...im new around hear....so im just getting to know people....i wasn't sure how to interpret what you said....so hopefully i'am mistaken....

freecell said:
"i can tell whenever he keys up anywhere just about."
you failed to mention what rig you were using..........

my comments are meant to show that adjacent channel interference is not always as unavoidable as you or others might seem to think it is, pure and simple. don't confuse my experience and tenure in this field with what you mistakenly believe to be some kind of arrogance.

you edited again????

you must not be reading my post...i said AVG cb and/or 11m radios.....

i have expeirenced different levels of interference with all different radio's i have in-line with the antenna....as you stated earlier it is due to RX selectivity i'm assuming....

heres the list.....

uniden madison(digital clock version) this radio has the most sensitive RX of all the radios i have....

uniden 78xl......

galaxy77hml.....

gaxaly saturn turbo....10+ -> 30+ on the madison = s-3 on the saturn turbo for some reason.....this is the radio i use the most due to the RX not being anywhere near as sensitive as the other radios to reduce interference becuase of the close proximity of the trucks stops/rest area's/and numerous cb shops in the area....

"gaxaly saturn turbo....10+ -> 30+ on the madison = s-3 on the saturn turbo for some reason........"

s-meters NOT calibrated for S9 = 50uv. in either or both and/or damaged or mis-aligned receiver front end of the Saturn Turbo are just a few things that would explain THIS particular inequality between the two receivers.

note: the receiver in the Saturn is not as "selective" as the receiver in the Madison.

freecell said:
the average cb'er has access to my "brain" and the "brains" of others (as you put it) and as long as you're willing to learn, i and others are more than able to share with you what we know.

try not to be so easily offended when we do. thanks.

if this were true or factual,there would be alot more members on this message board.....upwards of atleast 20,000.....to veiew the post you yhave to be a member ya know...

also most AVG cb'ers dont have a clue or are not aware of the CB radio community that is so wide spread on the intrenet,or that we even exists also,every one ive talked to in columbus OH,has never even heard of this web forum,im sure they are not the only people to never hear of this place.....

so IMO,i would not consider the members of this board avg cb'ers.....they found this board looking for answers....in which the avg cb'er would just believe the myths and not be concerned with being open minded to others opinions or facts as stated by you and other RF guru's.....but thats just my opinion....

i'll have to get in contact with you about some minor radio repairs, i can tell from numerous posts that you know the facts, and that sir is the only type of person i would want repairing/alligning my cb junk....even tho it is junk...i dont want to make it worse by taking it to the hack's down the street......im sure you understand....

freecell said:
"gaxaly saturn turbo....10+ -> 30+ on the madison = s-3 on the saturn turbo for some reason........"

s-meters NOT calibrated for S9 = 50uv. in either or both and/or damaged or mis-aligned receiver front end of the Saturn Turbo are just a few things that would explain THIS particular inequality between the two receivers.

note: the receiver in the Saturn is not as "selective" as the receiver in the Madison.

interesting....if i tryed to explain these issues to the local shops, i'd probably get..."does it recieve....well its fine then" or the "do you own this shop" treatment and type of answer....or they would pull the car salesman bit and try and sell me another worthless radio.....

thats why im here.....the cb shops around my area are here to service truckers.....get'em in send'em out...

i haven't had anything serviced in a while....like said,i lack the proper equipment and technical skills to trust myself fixing my own stuff....

we got of subject...for that i apoligize to the admins and original poster......

maybe the cb'ers in Columbus don't have any questions but in any event they do have to "find" the place and register to interact.

you're welcome to contact me anytime here in PM or email me via my website link in the signature that follows each and every one of my posts here in the forum. thanks for stopping by.

freecell said:
maybe the cb'ers in Columbus don't have any questions

trust me,there are tons of people looking for certain cb equip and reputable cb techs all the time....90% have never picked up a book and tryed to understand anything about radio commmunication/rf theory/antenna theory,thats how it is....so i'm positive there are a ton of questions that go unanswered and end up in being mislead to drain some dough out of the pocket....

freecell said:
you're welcome to contact me anytime here in PM or email me via my website link in the signature that follows each and every one of my posts here in the forum. thanks for stopping by.

i appreciate it....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.