• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Operators and others Get FCC Warnings

It appears the only folks getting love letters are bleed monsters upsetting hams. Clipping that diode may be loud but the splatter kinda makes hams bothered.

so,

from what i gather, if i call the FCC and complain that i am being interfered with during my 10 meter QSO's, and that i believe that interference is originating from a nearby CB radio station; then the FCC will send a van with one or possibly two agents to "stakeout" that person's house looking for illegal transmissions?

exactly how long will they stay there looking for these transmissions?
days? weeks?

how much is this costing our government???

these agents cant be very cheap, and the van with all the expensive equipment in it; that cant be cheap either.

and all it takes to begin spending all of this taxpayer money is a phone call from some sanctimonious ham op???

i for one think this is a big waste of resources and money that we just dont have, and i think i will write a letter explaining my position.
i'll bet i could get a lot of signatures on that petition.

the country is going broke, but we will pay for two guys to sit in a van for hours and hours watching a spectrum analyzer and listening to a cb radio???

all based on a phone call from a ham op.

who knows, maybe the FCC just sends the letter based on the ham op's complaint, and if they get a response from someone who admits that they operate a radio; then they know they've got a case. hmmm... LOL

i dont know, what do you guys think???
LC

I hate to get into a pissing session like this, but let's all of us face the facts.

1. C W Morse was an important method of communication in the "good old days", but now even the FCC realizes that CW MORSE is something best forgotten, which is why a code test is no longer a requirement for an amatuer license.

2. There are a lot of station operators (both Amatuer and CB) that operate WAY over the limits set by the FCC.

3. Cbers seldom bitch to the FCC about interference ..... they just figure out a way to make their stations loud enough to get over it.

4. Many amatuer operators wish that their stations sounded half as good on-the-air as their next door neighbor's Cb station. BUT... many CBers could learn a lot about cleaning up their signal by talking to some amatuers.

5. Persons such as CW MORSE, who CLAIM to be a licensed amatuer operator but NEVER post their call sign are nothing but a bunch of CB hatemongers who have nothing better to do but post a bunch of anti-CB BS.

Personally, I feel that all of the posts by CWM are just a bunch of CRAP ! ! When has he ever posted ANYTHING that wasn't anti-CB??? I am just a lowly CBer, but I joined this forum because the technical expertise here is SECOND TO NONE. Whenever I have asked for help, I have gotten good advise, and whenever someone else needed help, I have tried to provide it. To me, this is what this forum is all about, and the rantings of people like CWM are best ignored and forgotten.

Last edited:
The horse is dead fellas, it's time to stop beating it.......

I too usual avoid these pissing matches, as they serve no good purpose, however I will add a few of my own observations to this mess, then leave it alone to die a slow death.....

#1. In the short time that I have been a member of WWRF, I have to concur that the only posts I recall being made by the member known as CW Morse have been for the most part anti-CB. This is not healthy for the forum, it benefits no one here, and only serves to stir up bad feelings between some of the membership. However his contributions here should be the sole business of the administrators & moderators, if what he has to say or post bothers you, use the "Ignore" function this forum provides....

#2. As I have stated before, there are a minority of hams that carry a bad attitude toward CB'ers, that is something that will probably always exist because CB requires no test or license, and amateur radio does. I don't personally agree with any ham holding any form of animosity toward a CB operator, it's a completely different radio service and hobby, and unless a CB'er is violating FCC policy that is directly causing them interference, no ham should even care what any CB'er is doing.....

#3. Just as there are bad hams, there are just as many bad CB'ers, some who take pride in violating every rule in the book, run extreme levels of power, and go out of their way to cause deliberate interference to other radio services. Just as the "Holier Than Thou" hams give the rest of us ham's a black eye, outlaw CB'ers do the same damage to all CB'ers.

These issues have existed for many years, and they will continue to exist for many more, there isn't anything any one of us can do to change what others do, or how they act. The only thing we can do is control our own actions.
This forum has been a great melting pot for all radio hobbies, in order for it to remain the great melting pot is for all of us to ignore the trolls, don't get sucked into those posts soley intended on stirring the pot, whether you're a ham or a CB'er, hold yourself above that level, and don't let the trolls have you for entertainment.....

Call it a flesh wound, and press on......

The horse is dead fellas, it's time to stop beating it.......

I too usual avoid these pissing matches, as they serve no good purpose, however I will add a few of my own observations to this mess, then leave it alone to die a slow death.....

#1. In the short time that I have been a member of WWRF, I have to concur that the only posts I recall being made by the member known as CW Morse have been for the most part anti-CB. This is not healthy for the forum, it benefits no one here, and only serves to stir up bad feelings between some of the membership. However his contributions here should be the sole business of the administrators & moderators, if what he has to say or post bothers you, use the "Ignore" function this forum provides....

#2. As I have stated before, there are a minority of hams that carry a bad attitude toward CB'ers, that is something that will probably always exist because CB requires no test or license, and amateur radio does. I don't personally agree with any ham holding any form of animosity toward a CB operator, it's a completely different radio service and hobby, and unless a CB'er is violating FCC policy that is directly causing them interference, no ham should even care what any CB'er is doing.....

#3. Just as there are bad hams, there are just as many bad CB'ers, some who take pride in violating every rule in the book, run extreme levels of power, and go out of their way to cause deliberate interference to other radio services. Just as the "Holier Than Thou" hams give the rest of us ham's a black eye, outlaw CB'ers do the same damage to all CB'ers.

These issues have existed for many years, and they will continue to exist for many more, there isn't anything any one of us can do to change what others do, or how they act. The only thing we can do is control our own actions.
This forum has been a great melting pot for all radio hobbies, in order for it to remain the great melting pot is for all of us to ignore the trolls, don't get sucked into those posts soley intended on stirring the pot, whether you're a ham or a CB'er, hold yourself above that level, and don't let the trolls have you for entertainment.....

Call it a flesh wound, and press on......

The horse isnt dead till the thread gets locked,so piss off

The horse is dead fellas, it's time to stop beating it.

No horse beating going on here, just people having a discussion. I don't think this thread is out of hand at all. Actually, it's very informative.

There may be some tempers flared here and there but there is by far more useful information than not.

As far as CW Morse goes, he has always been very informative and entertaining. His information and sources are always truthful and accurate.

5. Persons such as CW MORSE, who CLAIM to be a licensed amatuer operator but NEVER post their call sign are nothing but a bunch of CB hatemongers who have nothing better to do but post a bunch of anti-CB BS.

I believe it to be K4KWH.
Correct me if i am wrong, but the posts appear to be of the same style as if they were from the same person.

Also, I think the FCC does not send out the agents to ham/cb radio violations unless warning letters have failed to stop the offending behaviour.

You have the solution for this 'Ham/CB'er' or 'CB'er/Ham' controversy in front of you, it's been there for some time. It's very simple. Ignore it. That's all there is to it. If you are not part of the solution, then you are a part of the problem. And the 'MIG' is right, you can't control how I behave, and I can't control how you behave. We can only control how we behave.
I don't care if you're a ham or a CB'er, both, or neither. I have to judge you by your behavior, just like you do me. So, what's unusual about any of that?
- 'Doc

and exactly how do they determine whether or not to spend tax dollars on the complaint or not?

sounds to me like the FCC decides to spend tax dollars hunting down the alleged culprit based PURELY on hearsay.

hmmmm...
LC

Dont know about where your at, but here in Lexington its the Ham operators that are breaking fcc rules and regs by running 2500 watt cb linears on 11 meter and bothering good cb folk by talking bout there families and children. If thats how Ham extra's are supposed to act, I'll just stay with cb.

Nice troll! :love:

Dont know about where your at, but here in Lexington its the Ham operators that are breaking fcc rules and regs by running 2500 watt cb linears on 11 meter and bothering good cb folk by talking bout there families and children. If thats how Ham extra's are supposed to act, I'll just stay with cb.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.