• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB with VFO

Most hams haven't learned any social skills, either. But we still let them post publicly on the internet...
rolleyes.gif

LOL

Holy Assclowns Batman.......

I just got done reading that entire thread over at QRZ, and it's a good example why I came to this forum, and spend very little time over there. It's amazing how a simple question of technical nature brings out all the misserable old curmudgens, and armchair radio lawyers. The level of arrogance some of these jerks have is too much to hold down.

Just because some assclown is a natural at morse code, and can copy 20 wpm doesn't make him or her a good HAM, or for that fact a good human being. Just because someone is good with a pencil when it comes to taking tests, doesn't make them any smarter or better than someone with manners, respect, and most of all common sense.

QRZ is polluted with too many jerkoffs for my tastes, I got berated by their legions of perfect, FCC law abiding, holier than thou armchair radio lawyers for the mear mention of an out of band mod on my HT to be used in the case of an emergency.....I have no time for that crew or that forum.........

After reading all of that crap...why would anyone want to become a licensed immature radio operator...I sure as heck don't. I guess they call it amateur for a reason :D.

A CB With A VFO ? Now Why Didn't I Think Of That !

Uh........yeah. A CB with a VFO? Well CB is within HF and yer common street variety ham rig is one big VFO so cyferrin' 2 plus 2 together up n' all it's lookin' like a ham radio is a fine idea and example of a CB with a VFO. Oh my, looks over here on my desk, an Icom 746....oh yes....it's very nice :drool: Looks set to 27.185 AM at the moment. Good to roll.

The FCC ain't gonna change the current 40 - channelized system and operations that we have now any time soon. Not even on their double secret probation radar.

So.....we have what we have now. 11 meters is what it is and it's pretty much "anything goes radio." Ya got jerks like me.....no....wait.....ah... guys like me....even fine upstanding licensed hammy types like me....just a 11 meterin' away on our fancy all-in-one ham rigs with our VFO's and our dosey dohs and our hoosker doos...and our hoosker don'ts.... and our 100 watts and our echo mics and you got your everybody else with their galaxy this' and connex here and RCI's there and your opened clarifiers on the cobras and the every gadget and kook whistle you can fookin' imagine dude....shit. If I busted back onto the scene in the middle of the 70's with the Galaxy DX 94HP I got out in my truck right now I'd a been king in fooking control of the county......word
49lpmxx.gif

So this Galaxy came from factory, because as new before conversion mod it is a 10 meter rig, with the coarse/fine clarifier open and synced with the built in frequency counter. So right there is just one modern example of an off the shelf "CB with a VFO." Available at any CB shop, truck stop or keyboard near you.

When the bands are quiet, there is generally plenty of room for everyone on the channels. You always have your full time freeband groups here and there. When the band opens up and skip is a rollin' then it's a good thing that we brave and handsome communications operatives have our....um...."extry channels capability" to have room for many to spread out and use up all of the" needed" 11 meter band space as necessary to conduct our vital, important....radio....things. Many of us have one of these magical CB's with a VFO transceiver box of which you speak already, and the rest who don't need to stop their cryin' are start their buyin' and gettem' one too. Then our mission to destroy our enem....ah .......wait.....hold a sec......oh..what? ..oh okay..don't mention the spectrum sabotage....got it.

Okay so....just get a CB with a VFO and plug it in and turn it on and key that mic and party hardy
za2.gif

Like Highlander said QRZ is not a real picture of on air Hams at all. It happens to be a place where some ill mannered people seem to congregate wearing their super-hero web costumes. There are a lot of good people there that also happened to have joined here. But because the ill mannered there seem to holler the loudest it gives a wrong picture of the whole .

Well since we brought it up,

I am what I call a "independent ham". I have been interested in radios of all kind since I was a child. Like many here got into CB's in the 70's and got my ham license in 93. But I am an independent ham because every ham I ever met was weird as hell! Now, I'm not targeting anyone on this forum because I've never met you, and I don't want to.
I am not a member of any clubs, tried that when first license and it was just a bunch of cop / EMS / fireman want-a-bees, no thanks. Tried being nice to a ham once and talked him to my house to look at his problem. Next thing I know a week later my wife is calling me at work freaking out because three weird guys with radios in their hands are knocking on the door.

My favorite bands are HF so my QSO's are far away from me!

I quit looking at QRZ 10 years ago because of what you all are seeing over there. I hate to say it, but what you see on QRZ is an average ham and I say that because you can look at other forums that have to do with professions and hobbies and you will not see any behavior like you do on a ham or CB forum, kinda sad / weird hu?

A VHF contest is on this weekend, maybe I'll make a few contacts on 6 meters. But I don't want to meet them.

Boy, I must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed! 73

tried that when first license and it was just a bunch of cop / EMS / fireman want-a-bees, no thanks.

I hope since I'am a certified professional fire fighter and EMT, that I don't qualify for the "wanna-be" class of HAM.......:D

I do know what you mean Park, I went to an area repeater club meeting last night, and luckily this particular club has very few members of the type you describe. There are two repeater clubs in this area, one is full of the QRZ types, armchair radio lawyers, and arrogant Elmers who think their shit don't stink because they passed the 20 wpm code test. The club who's function I attended has one or two such HAM's, but they are in the minority with this outfit, and tend to keep their attitudes in check.....

I remember going to a Ham Fest several years ago, and saw a few guys walking around in what appeared to be full dress policeman's uniforms. I finally got close enough to see what badges these people were wearing, and couldn't believe my eyes when I realised they represented a local repeater club with an affiliate to RACES. These clowns actually went out and purchased matching cop uniforms, had special patches made, and walked around a HAM radio flea market like they were federal agents.....:thumbdown:

Amateur radio has no shortage of idiots, nerds, geeks, and whackers, you just have to filter through the curd to get to the cream.......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.