• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chinese amplifiers are coming!!!

I have never owned an base amplifier, except lil' mobile splatter toys.

I've been wanting to get one lately, but was hoping this offering would be cheaper. Probably not a bad price though, considering it's options.

I don't want to Guinea pig this one.

I would also like to attend some of these foreign hamfests, but not sure where an American is welcomed anymore. I think the video was shot in Brazil.

Last edited:
$5,500? For a Chinese amplifier? I'm not gonna be a guinea pig on this one either.

Might take a look at them in five years and see how well they hold up. If it's anything like all the other crap that comes from China I suspect that these units will devalue quickly.

Most of my gear is 40 years old. Almost all of it is American made, and what isn't was built in Japan when they were at the height of their manufacturing prowess.

China can build 'em cheaper, but are they built to last? I would say no.

US companies do not just contract out to "state owned prison factories" in China. They actually build their own factories and actually employ regular people in China. China is no longer quite the reclusive, oppressed, slave country the propaganda would have you believe. Yes there are state run factories and undoubtedly some employ inmates but this is mostly for goods developed for the "good of the country" itself like huge construction projects and for government acquisitions.

...yeah but as a 'nam vet that communist thingy chaps my ass big time seeing as how we fought the commies in 'nam and korea and that whole cold war thing. There hasn't been a democratic revolution in communist red china last time I checked. I hope those amps are built better than the appliances made there where quantity beats quality.

3's

$5500.00??? F/u china and ur wacked over priced recycled component sweatshop junk !

Sent from Outerspace using Tapatalk.

dont you thin $5500 is a big heavy price for chines made pradukt?

Don't you think we should at least see the real amp and see how it performs and is made before jumping to the conclusion that it is an over priced cheaply made piece of Chinese made junk? I mean seriously, people have no problem bragging up the virtues of the cheap Chinese made handhelds and often brag them up while putting down Kenwood, Yaesu etc. Yes, $5500 is steep but all amps are pricey today. I would not spend that amount for any amp regardless of who made it but I would have to see it before judging the amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.