• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 150GTL-DX

Have you thought of trying MURS? I'd suspect you would have less problems running 50 watts on MURS using a converted ICOM than you would operating out of band below 26MHz. Both are equaly illeagal, but the quality of MURS surpasses any CB operations. Only limiting factor is line of sight, which at 151 MHz, should not be a major factor if you are within 10 miles of eachother.

As far as a "quality" export radio goes, you won't see it. The closest you will come to a "quality" export radio will be the Stryker radios, but they are still not a Uniden.

cbshack said:
What about some of the Uniden/President made radios like the Grant Classic, Jackson, and the 2510/Lincoln series?
No "Big Radio Sound" (echo)! :D I have a HR2600 and it is a fabulous radio on both AM and SSB, but still gotta run the Galaxy 77 in the big truck for that "Billy Big Rigger" echo sound ! BTW the 77 has been bouncing around in the KW for 5 years now with no problems! Yea the freq drifts with every little temp change, but it wouldn't be a Galaxy if it didn't!
You know why I bought and tried each and every radio there? Because I wanted it all, i wanted the channels, the echo, the fm am and SSB. All that i wanted for less than $300 each.
This is the quest that I am on too! :roll: Maybe the Stryker radios? :bounce We'll see!

JD :beer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.