• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 150GTL-DX

Um, when you flip the handle on the switch, it goes "Click!".

Far as I can tell, that's ALL that it does. The radio sure doesn't do anything differently when you flip it.

The "RC" or "A" channels that a "plus ten" switch is there to cover are ALREADY covered, in the proper sequence on the channel selector. This radio it DOESN'T SKIP them in the first place. Makes me suspect the marketing department insisted they include one, because the other brands do. Too bad they didn't ask the designers if there would be anything to hook it up to.

I totally agree Nomad,,,Thay could have maybe done something with the "echo" so as to have some reverb....lol Moved the adjustable Talkback to it,,,and made it just on and off.Then there ya would have the "dual pot" left for the job....

rfpowerman 8)

Thanks Nomad and Freecell for your input. I looked at a 150 today and thought the audio was good on high and low out of the box. Power output was good also. I just removed the resistor and got the frequencies. I guess I got a good one. I will look at it more tomorrow. That is funny about the 10kc switch. I also noticed the RC channels with a decimal point between the regular cb channels.

Below is the the list of the Warranty Centers for these radios.
The Toll Free Customer Service number is listed in the Owners Manual.

EAST
Mountain View Electronics
123 Deep Springs Rd.
Dandridge, TN 21232

WEST
D & R Communications
123 Highway 12 SE
Clackamas, OR 12344

Well Justin,,,i dont know,,,its just something that will have to be done to all units that come through my shop....either a cutomers radio or one that we will put on the shelf....The procedure i mentioned im this post,,,has worked on every unit so far,either brought in for set up or out of the box for stock....
Ya know ,,,just one of the many things to be done,,,thats all...I dont think its a big enough pain in the arse,,,not to carry the radio....Just my thoughts !

rfpowerman 8)

JustinDePolis said:
rfpowerman, agreed, but anything with problems... I'd rather not deal with it. Especially when you're dealing with a market that wants to AMC circuit operative in the least amount in their radio... breaker breaker 10-4!!!!!!!!!!! :LOL:

Yes yes, those moronic truckers again, but oh how they do spend money, don't they?

Has anyone figured out what the 10kc switch does or does not do on this radio?
The switch only works before the frequency mod is done.
After the frequency mod the switch is disabled by the CPU.

AA1QD!Do you run a Cb shop?If so then why dont you put up"we service mornic truckers here"and lets see how long your able to feed your faimly!I here this stupid truckers shit all the time and i got news for you.If if werent for all of those dumbass cb techs out there telling drivers whatever it takes to sell a mod or radio then i guess we would not sound like a bunch of retards would we!If you all are so damn tired of dealing with drivers then then dont,although i can think of more than a few cb shops that are right beside a truck stop.You ever heard that old saying,dont bite the hand that feeds you?

King Mudduck said:
AA1QD!Do you run a Cb shop?If so then why dont you put up"we service mornic truckers here"and lets see how long your able to feed your faimly!I here this stupid truckers shit all the time and i got news for you.If if werent for all of those dumbass cb techs out there telling drivers whatever it takes to sell a mod or radio then i guess we would not sound like a bunch of retards would we!If you all are so damn tired of dealing with drivers then then dont,although i can think of more than a few cb shops that are right beside a truck stop.You ever heard that old saying,dont bite the hand that feeds you?

My point exactly, I guess you missed my sarcasism. By the way, Justins shop is right next to a truck stop, get my point yet?

It's not a cb, its an export. Why bother buying a radio with more than one band above and below 11 meter? You will be hard pressed to find a mobile antenna broad banded enough to use those 8ight bands. But if it gets your rocks on to say I got 8 bands, even though I can only use 3, SWEET! :roll:

Kind of like all those P.O.S. exports your tech or non tech spit out over the years? :?:

150gtl dx

yeah a poor atempt at Cobrab to get back in the cb market .if they were smart which it looks like the are not the y woul dhav ecame outwith a base first leave the 10meter junk out of thier all i here on ten meters in s. dakota are cry baby hams

Where are you? Dog hunters? Really?! :shock:

I assumed you lived in the USA. Going below 26MHz here without a ham license is foolish and unnecessary! :!:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.