• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 25 channel display???

Sonoma, I just tried your method on the original part with a 3v CR2032 coin cell and it indeed shows to be a com anode. However some pins did not light up anything confirming burnt segments and the OEM LDG-202A does not have the decimal point behind each digit. This EKL 2D-04C-BLUE is confirmed as a com. cathode which will not work with my particular radio. Thanks for the easy test method... shot the guesswork right out the window! It would be safe to say that not ALL older or different channel/main boards radios use the com. cathode as stated elsewhere for the 25 chassis.

For future reference, the replacement channel display for a Uniden Trucker or Convoy is DA56-11GWA made by Kingbright. Think I got mine from Mouser or Digikey.

No worries kaos, I have 1 coming from Texas. Gonna give it a go and report my findings. Just waiting USPS now and the holidays sure haven't helped along with other items that were shipped!

Alright then, just to put this thread to bed, I got the anode version installed and it still wouldn't work properly.... WTF? Well I installed it with the decimal points down like a normal human and come to find out, they need to be up! What??? Seems a bit bass ackward but shoot, it works properly now. The point being if anybody is going to install these EKL com. anode in an Cobra 25, put the decimals up. Thanks for the support everybody and remember, I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.