• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Craigslist Nonsense

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
I sure got a generous offer on a set of refinished Ford Bronco alloy wheel on craigslist. The guy emailed me stating he would send a certified cashier's check of $700 for a set of Bronco OEM wheels and that was $100 more than what I was asking. He also stated that after he sends the check a business partner will pickup the wheels so no packing or shipping is involved.
What a deal! LMAO!
Took a copy of the emails to the Sheriff's dept to let their investigators have fun with them.
I can't believe people actually fall for that.

Typical 3rd Party Pickup scam. I've gotten them on CL too. And did they ask you to immediately cancel your ad because you had a "deal going" with them? They usually add that.

Such scams are the entertaining part of dealing on Craigslist. The main irritant for me are the people who make an appointment to see something and then don't bother showing up. Last month, I actually had a girl call me three times, over the course of a week, regarding a camera lens, the last call saying she would be here in twenty minutes. Never showed. Hope she didn't get killed on the way over! But, I still prefer it to eBay. At least, for the most part, I'm dealing with locals and there's no shipping involved.

This is not just a Cragslist scam its a net wide scam that been around since the mid 1990s Ive had this and other scams offered through varios sites on everything from a 73 pro street Chevy Nova exotic animals to Dirtbikes.

yeah Ive some situations just like you guys. talked all week about buying some of my daughters old clothing and just never showed up.

I also seem to get more BS emails and more calls and texts from strange numbers. I think its all craigslist people...just getting peoples emails and numbers to send BS to.

Although Ive had many great transactions with no problem at all. I bought both of my Galaxy 95Ts off craigslist and the radios have been trouble free and great shape for close to 2 yrs now.

I gave up on CL. I have a nice collection of counterfeit USPS m.o sent from idiots from all over the world trying to scam me for items I sold on CL. All of it has been reported to the local FBI field office, it's pretty cool I can keep one of each cf note. Shows how much detail cheaters will go to steal money.

I never had issues in using Craigs List..
Had a few on Ebay though..

Anyways there are good and bad people all over.
Just use your head and you should be Ok

I gave up on CL. I have a nice collection of counterfeit USPS m.o sent from idiots from all over the world trying to scam me for items I sold on CL. All of it has been reported to the local FBI field office, it's pretty cool I can keep one of each cf note. Shows how much detail cheaters will go to steal money.

I haven't. Two weeks ago I purchased a 24-48 ft crank-up tower from a local on CG and everything was as advertised for only $275. I suppose it's hit or miss.

Sorry to hear you're having such bad luck.

I haven't. Two weeks ago I purchased a 24-48 ft crank-up tower from a local on CG and everything was as advertised for only $275. I suppose it's hit or miss.

Sorry to hear you're having such bad luck.

As a buyer iv had great success purchasing stuff with no problems.

I've purchased USPS money orders while stationed overseas.

Besides, most COUNTERFEIT USPS money orders originate from foreign countries.

Last edited:
y8u9ede2.jpg

When I have time ill pull out the usps m.o counterfits snap a pic I can't believe the great lengths theifs go to make this crap. The ones that have watermarks the FBI kept.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.