• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

customcbradios.com?

longhaireddwb

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Does anyone know Doug personally from customcbradios?
The reason im asking is last sat i bought the stryker955 online. I think they are closed on sat. Anyway, i called the shop on the following monday and a recording says that an email to ether the sales or service department is the best way to contact them. I guess there to busy to answer the phone. So ive sent four emails thru out this week asking about the usb cable and software and the last two emails were asking for someone to reply and let me know why the radio hasnt shipped yet. If i go to the website and sign in and click on my account it shows its not shipped yet.

Now if they are busy and backed up with orders i would understand but as i said i sent them 400 bucks, four emails and two phone calls and i get nothing?

So if someone has a way to contact doug directly and ask whats up id be very thankful. Maybe hes a great guy and tech but his employees are asses i dont know. I just thought that after all the contacting ive done someone should at least reply with something!

Doug as far as I know is a 1 man show. I have a friend that's worked with him on radios (via phone contact) and such and tells me all the time how upstanding of a guy Doug is. Doug is very busy from what my friend tells me, so that might be why he hasn't been responsive. Hope everything works out! :)

~Cheers~

Ok. Well if he is a one man show then i would understand. I just hope he gets to his email soon and sends a reply. Makeing a living with radio repair hed better be really busy. Thanks for the replys.

Sent from jerrys phone from the drivers seat of a peterbuilt doing 80mph on i25 :)

My brother in law has a couple radios from him and loves them. Sometimes the wait is worth the reward. If he is a 1 man show, he is most likely swamped as there are a lot of golden screwdriver tech's out there these days lol. Give it a little more time and maybe send another email politely asking for a response. Good luck and hope all works out. Patience is a virtue that most lack, including myself. God bless.

far as i know he was a 1 man operation. you,ll get what you ordered . he may /maynot
contact you though. i got a 75 amp power supply off his site beginng of this year

CB shops get lots of calls from people who ask lots of dumb questions. Most likely his E-mail is the same way. Most places will olny do the credit or debit charge the day the radio is shipped. I would give it a few days. I hate the wait, That radio is a keeper!!!

I haven't tried custom. This week DTB received my 3 radios and finished basic tuning them and replaced a cap in one inside of two hours. The last time it took him three days to get to it. I seldom call DTB but he usually answers his emails the same day. I do PayPal. It's quick.

right from his site

Hello! Welcome to Custom CB radios!

You found one of the best places to buy a GREAT Talking radio.

Custom CB Radio is your source for Loud and Clear Radios..

If it can be done we can do it.

Now with that said.. If your looking for next day Custom Work this is not the place we take our time with our builds and we want to make sure your new radio is working like we would want it to be if were our own.

Remember; We are not the fastest but were one of the best!!

My only dealing with him was attempting to purchase a Galaxy 95t2. This was a couple years ago. He and several other sites still had the 95t2 listed even though they were already out of production. Every time I would place an order on a site I'd get a notification there were no more in stock. I literally had gotten down to doing a google search for that radio and attempted a purchase at any site with a listing for it. He was one of the sites with a listing. I talked with him on the phone and he said he had one left. I'll bet he was looking for one or was just backed up. At the time I hadn't heard of his shop before or his reputation, so I was nervous. He could have been anyone, for all I knew. His site was the last one I found. I waited 3 weeks and then asked for a refund. He gave me no problems giving me my money back. Maybe I should have given him more of a chance, but like I said, I hadn't heard of him before. If I had it to do over, I'd have given him more time. I can't say anything good or bad because I had an impossible task of looking for the last stock of a discontinued radio.

I guess my point is that I would trust him. I was too impatient to wait and asked for a refund. I got it without question or hesitation.

Never did get any replys to my emails but i got an automated email from customcb today saying it has been shipped. Sird wish i coukd have talked or emailed a bit before it was sent. Oh well

I bought a 959 from him. It took a little while and I was pissed because I could not get a hold of them in any way but the radio is well done and exceeded all my expectations.

I would have sent them more work because I have a bunch of stuff I want to get done but the lack of communication is more than I can handle.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.