• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A WR 2

16 holy crap!!!
Well a local lady has one for sale that her late husband used until he passed. Yeah, yeah, i know, the tubes are pricy and the caps need replaced, but if i can get it cheap ill see if i can get it. :)

IMHO 16 tubes at $0.01 apiece is still impractical. I mean SIXTEEN TUBES!!! :headbang If you need more power get a better tube.

Wonder if an amp like that has what it takes to use a better tube? Does that transformer have the needed output windings for the filament, relay, and high voltage circuits? Or will it still have enough amperage output capacity to use a voltage doubler circuit to run a pair of 3-400Z's?

IIRC, the negative bias circuit will use line voltage.
But it might have to use an additional transformer for the filaments . . .

Last edited:
Wonder if an amp like that has what it takes to use a better tube? Does that transformer have the needed output windings for the filament, relay, and high voltage circuits? Or will it still have enough amperage output capacity to use a voltage doubler circuit to run a pair of 3-400Z's?

IIRC, the negative bias circuit will use line voltage.
But it might have to use an additional transformer for the filaments . . .

By saying "get a better tube" I was inferring that one should get a better tube AND THE BOX TO HOUSE AND OPERATE IT" aka a better amp.

Man, that would be a neat vintage amp

Yes it would! I still need to talk to that lady here soon. Shes supposed to email me some pics of the stuff. I kinda knew the guy that had the stuff but not that well. I just talked to him a few times on the radio but he always had a HUGE signal!;)

If you have a legit line on a Warrior- buy it. They are extremely rare.

Yes, the tubes are pricey. But there is an option you may wish to consider and that is having it modified to use the 24LQ6 tubes instead of the 6LQ6. The 24LQ6 tube is much cheaper- they can be had NOS for $10-12 each if you look around.

If you do pick it up, get in contact with Alan Price in Indiana- he goes by 'fixer' or some variant of that on this board and a few others. He completely rebuilt my 10-tube Phantom and did it at a very fair price considering that I sent him a real basket case.

Check out his website at www.tubesplus.com (don't be put off by the cheesy music on the website, Alan may not know web design but he does know tube gear!). He doesn't work very quickly and is a man of few words but he will get it done and it will be done properly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If you have a legit line on a Warrior- buy it. They are extremely rare.

Yes, the tubes are pricey. But there is an option you may wish to consider and that is having it modified to use the 24LQ6 tubes instead of the 6LQ6. The 24LQ6 tube is much cheaper- they can be had NOS for $10-12 each if you look around.

If you do pick it up, get in contact with Alan Price in Indiana- he goes by 'fixer' or some variant of that on this board and a few others. He completely rebuilt my 10-tube Phantom and did it at a very fair price considering that I sent him a real basket case.

Check out his website at www.tubesplus.com (don't be put off by the cheesy music on the website, Alan may not know web design but he does know tube gear!). He doesn't work very quickly and is a man of few words but he will get it done and it will be done properly.
Sounds like he used a separate/second xformer with a 24v heater voltage to make a cheaper, more plentiful tube - that otherwise has the same specs as the 6LQ6 - to make this amp work as designed.

Very cleaver!

Last edited:
I got it,. This sucker has been reworked and uses 31LQ6 tubes. The driver stage has been removed and it came with a little Galaxy 160 driver amp. The power supply has also been reworked as well. I also got a 321 tube base amp with the deal all for one money.
However, the little Galaxy amp didnt come with a power cord and i cant find any info on it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.