• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DAVE MADE M400 MOBILE LINEAR AMPLIFIER 1-2290 X 4-2879 BY DAVEMADE

The history of the design was not pertinent in a for sale thread, that is why the threads were deleted.

Now since it is moved to this section for discussion, it is ok.

Yes but I still want to know if it's the real joemade cocaine or just another knock off and my previous statement about the nj davemade boxes not being made for years now was the truth and was not meant to add to or detract from crackheads sale but to teach about the history of the true davemade.

I own a carolina davemade which I knew before I purchased it and if I sold it I would state that in the sale and not try to evade the issue when asked about it.

davemadebullshit.jpg

Well the ones you show that is a Dave Made look the same as the "joe", we do not see an inside picture, so at this point, an amp is an amp is an amp ??

it is a joe made ,it has caps in it .
a original dave made wont have the caps ,and the fan would be smaller and more towards the front.
i,ll have to get a pic of my kids dave .i scored it for him .
no caps in it ,smaller fan opening and the fan is towards the front of case more ,not in the middle .i believe its an original davemade.
i have seen tons of joe mades and this one here is a joe made .
nothing wrong with a joe made thats for sure.

pics of joe mades

dsc00303t.jpg

By null at 2009-05-21

5pilldave3vv8.jpg

By null at 2009-02-10

this is the one my kid got
m400.jpg

By null at 2009-04-09

dsc00276j.jpg

By null at 2009-04-12

insidedavemade2by6minezf5.jpg

By null at 2008-11-30

Well the ones you show that is a Dave Made look the same as the "joe", we do not see an inside picture, so at this point, an amp is an amp is an amp ??
Yes and another thing nj dm's did'ny have all the ghey color wires in them which was deleted from my original post.

davemadebullshit.jpg

WG7X
user_online.gif

Ham Member

icon1.gif
Too Funny!
Yeah,

The Freebander CB'ers will be the salvation of America...

You can't make this stuff up! Thanks to the posters on QRZ for an entertaining read...

Sorry folks, I have to get some Windex to clean off the monitor! Priceless stuff, absolutely priceless.

If anyone ever wonders why Amateur radio is going to the dogs, all they need to do is skim through QRZ once in awhile.

Gary

There is one flaw with the RF layout of the two driving six amp. The driver stage is literally right on top of the final stage with no attempt to shield between the two. Being this close it could cause the amplifier to oscillate and become unstable, especially at low drive. An easy fix would be to stand a piece of copper on edge between the two stages and solder the bottom to ground.

when you say "BY DAVEMADE" do you its an old amp actually made by dave ? some guy named joe has been making "dave made" amps for years . i hear joe does a few things differently.........

just wanting to clarify ;)

the reason i asked was because the old ones actually made by dave seem to be more desirable and i thought if it was actually made by dave it might perk the intrest of folks more . the seller chose to get shitty with me rather than just simply answering the question .

the reason i asked was because the old ones actually made by dave seem to be more desirable and i thought if it was actually made by dave it might perk the intrest of folks more . the seller chose to get shitty with me rather than just simply answering the question .
Yup he did have a shitty attitude.

The original (?) Dave-Made do seem to have more "interest" when offered for sale on the east coast. I see that question asked almost every time I see one offered for sale.

You hear the originals are better, but then again; they have probably already had a rough life by now!

There is one flaw with the RF layout of the two driving six amp. The driver stage is literally right on top of the final stage with no attempt to shield between the two. Being this close it could cause the amplifier to oscillate and become unstable, especially at low drive. An easy fix would be to stand a piece of copper on edge between the two stages and solder the bottom to ground.

never had a problem with that 2by6 .matter of fact the thing screamed.

hamer,i do not have an inside picture of the kids amp .just the outside.insides are very similar with the exception of his not having any caps in it and i think it has a different relay .its been awhile .and the fan opening is towards front of case and smaller than you see nowadays.

never had a problem with that 2by6 .matter of fact the thing screamed.

hamer,i do not have an inside picture of the kids amp .just the outside.insides are very similar with the exception of his not having any caps in it and i think it has a different relay .its been awhile .and the fan opening is towards front of case and smaller than you see nowadays.

would you know if your amp was self-oscillating. Not asking to be a smart ass, I'm just saying a lot of people wouldn't be able to identify it or diagnose it... Your box can s/o and still transmit just fine... my 2x12 does.

would you know if your amp was self-oscillating. Not asking to be a smart ass, I'm just saying a lot of people wouldn't be able to identify it or diagnose it... Your box can s/o and still transmit just fine... my 2x12 does.

:eek: Obviously your definition of "transmits just fine" is a lot different from mine and a lot of others. If an amp is in fact self oscillating then it is NOT really transmitting "just fine" despite what it sounds like on-frequency. It's the off frequency crap it is also transmitting that makes it NOT "just fine".

You ask "How would you know if your amp was self-oscillating." and then state that your 2X12 does self oscillate. How do you know it does if you have to ask how you can tell if it is in fact doing it? :confused:

A sure sign of self oscillation is when the amp is still showing some power output when you remove the drive by unkeying the radio_Over heating of components is another.

:eek: Obviously your definition of "transmits just fine" is a lot different from mine and a lot of others. If an amp is in fact self oscillating then it is NOT really transmitting "just fine" despite what it sounds like on-frequency. It's the off frequency crap it is also transmitting that makes it NOT "just fine".

You ask "How would you know if your amp was self-oscillating." and then state that your 2X12 does self oscillate. How do you know it does if you have to ask how you can tell if it is in fact doing it? :confused:

A sure sign of self oscillation is when the amp is still showing some power output when you remove the drive by unkeying the radio_Over heating of components is another.

I feel thoroughly schooled... feeling better now that you've gotten that off your chest?

You made my point even if I worded it poorly... Shockwave said the design could lead to self-oscillation, I'm sure this is why you see most of the comp rigs running external drivers and not the combo-boxes.

His reply to the o/s suggestion was... "his box screams". So I asked if he knew how to identify the issue...

Take a deep breath man, it's all gonna be okay.

heres a top picture of the kids amp now .notice the fan location and the size of it .this is not a joe made.

now on the inside it looks like most others with the exception of no caps and a open frame relay.

dsc00668jx.jpg

By null at 2010-06-14

dsc00667b.jpg

By null at 2010-06-14

I feel thoroughly schooled... feeling better now that you've gotten that off your chest?

You made my point even if I worded it poorly... Shockwave said the design could lead to self-oscillation, I'm sure this is why you see most of the comp rigs running external drivers and not the combo-boxes.

His reply to the o/s suggestion was... "his box screams". So I asked if he knew how to identify the issue...

Take a deep breath man, it's all gonna be okay.

So what's with the sarcasm? Do YOU feel better now that you've gotten that off your chest? I was asking a legit question because based on YOUR post's wording there was a contradiction. As for the definition of "transmits just fine" I stand by what I said about the quality of the TX'ed signal. There is "fine" and then there is "fuck everyone else".

Now it's your turn to take a deep breath and relax. :tongue:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.