• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS IS ?

bob85 said:
i have seen that type of washer used on exhaust flange bolts and manifold covers maybe on french cars.

That might explain why I found it in my driveway ? But we both drive Chevy's Thansk Bob

I know this may sound silly but can you take another picture of that next to a quarter or a nickel, the picture alone makes it look HUGE!

I have seen washers like this if that is what it is,used as a sort of shock mount between two surfaces used on aircraft to mount electrical equipment to protect it from the forces of landing or terbulance. I think the auto industry uses them also.

Happy_Hamer said:
I know this may sound silly but can you take another picture of that next to a quarter or a nickel, the picture alone makes it look HUGE!

im001823ud6.jpg

scout943 said:
I have seen washers like this if that is what it is,used as a sort of shock mount between two surfaces used on aircraft to mount electrical equipment to protect it from the forces of landing or terbulance. I think the auto industry uses them also.

sounds logical Scout , well , I hope it didn't fall out of me or my ole lady's car ? thanks for the input

Does any one know what this is

If this thing "THING" is made of steel it is probably from an auto exaust maybe you might want to put those "CHEVYS" on a lift and take a look up where the exaust manifold and the head pipe are joined or bolted together!!

Well, looks like Bicycleman has the best explination for it...What I'm wondering though, Is how did you find that link Bicycleman, Not knowing what the thing was, or what to call it?

Bicycleman, do me a favor, and email me with next weeks lotto nnumbers! :D

jessejamesdallas said:
Well, looks like Bicycleman has the best explination for it...What I'm wondering though, Is how did you find that link Bicycleman, Not knowing what the thing was, or what to call it?Bicycleman, do me a favor, and email me with next weeks lotto nnumbers! :D

"Now if I told you, how you gonna learn anything"

;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.