• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dominator mod

Well, he did say the he believes what he see. I think you are right. I also think he needs to get a $75 50mhz O-scope, a 100w dummy load, and use that wattmeter he is happy about. He can easily build the sampler and watch a few videos on YouTube on how to use a scope. Then he will know what some of these hucksters and scam artists are all about.
He believes what he hears. People are telling that there is a big difference between when it's on and when it's off. That is what he's going by. I heard a Big difference between on and off.

Who knows what it is. People are not doing anything new with radios but they give it a cool sounding name and it's all the rage.

There are a lot of gimmicks out there but there's no replacement for displacement and an more importantly an efficient antenna. That stuff isn't cheap and sounds boring so the gimmicks sell better. ;)
Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's a gimmick. He's got a good antenna he's got a good radio it's efficiently matched. Oh well enough is enough

I know what I heard and saw on my end.

Oh, did someone here think otherwise?
Who cares what it looks like on a scope as long as it sounds good to the people you're talking to and you like it who the heck cares? Sometimes I think people read too much into things. If it looks good and sounds good then it is good.

It doesn't matter what we think it's what he thinks. He thinks It sounds great and everyone is telling him it sounds great. So why is that not good enough for us?

He doesn't care what we think he only cares what he hears. He doesn't care about putting his radio on a scope.
Just let it go for what it is he likes it that's good enough

Just because you haven't heard of it doesn't mean it's a gimmick. He's got a good antenna he's got a good radio it's efficiently matched. Oh well enough is enough

I know what I heard and saw on my end.

I don't doubt you heard a difference but get your panties out of a knot. These cb shop mods with crazy names have proven to be scams and crap over the years. There is always the guy that loves his super wack packed radio though.

Who cares what it looks like on a scope as long as it sounds good to the people you're talking to and you like it who the heck cares? Sometimes I think people read too much into things. If it looks good and sounds good then it is good.

It doesn't matter what we think it's what he thinks. He thinks It sounds great and everyone is telling him it sounds great. So why is that not good enough for us?

He doesn't care what we think he only cares what he hears. He doesn't care about putting his radio on a scope.
Funny thing about that?
When I first got back into radio eight years ago, I thought exactly the same thing that you do.

Eight years later I have a scope and do my own work and I am so much better off, rather than being scammed by some guy who just has an new angle on your old money . . . word . . .

Thanks, WWDX members

Last edited:

I didn't say it didn't sound ok, good or great. I'd bet my bottom dollar that it looks bad on a scope. As long as it stays off ssb, I really don't care. Some radios like that actually sound pretty cool on am. The distortion is just a different sound, kinda like adding a little reverb. At the end of the day, it's probably not clean.

I bet that's what he is talking about. Another E-Bay sucess story, take les then a dollars worth of parts (simple swing kit), give it a fancy name and people pay a ton for it.

Danny Radioc, cb shops have been doing this for years. Come up with a fancy name for a tune or mod that they do and driver's eat it up, hook line and sinker. Now that we have the internet it's even easier because people send their radio's out for these special mods. Some shops do good work even with a fancy name, most are just a scam.

This Dominator mod is nothing new or special. Once installed if the radio is properly tuned and aligned then i'm sure it will sound ok. If the radio is clipped and all janked up then the radio will just be a loud blarring splatterbox. Hope you can try to grasp this concept.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.