• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FREQUENCY AND TIME FOR CONTACTS

Well, conditions just weren't good enough on my end, but it was nice making contact with you. I'm leaving it there for a while and listen up.
Great to connect with both of you..... 226 and 945 !
Listening to you guys' QSO right now,,,,,,
Nice contact Greg.
Good signal into CA

Was great making contacts with you guys! Finally get the chance to actually connect! Appreciate the QSOs and will continue to hang around 425 and see how things go.

I second what Riverman said. "Fantastic QSO" with him out of Texas. He said he was running a Connex radio with a Firestick Antenna. Strong clear signal into my receive in Colombia in the early evening. Great talking with him.

I guess since there aren't many stations here, that I don't have the problem with QRM & QRN that you guys are having. My noise level here in the mountains is so low that my meter doesn't even come up off the peg. I've been running my amp on LOW (300W), but I'll kick it up to HIGH (900W) manana to see if it helps any.

Morning skip (b4 11am) is pretty dismal. After noon it's strong and gets better into the afternoon. Instead of hopping around calling on all the channels, I'll stick with 40 and 42 lsb. Gonna keep trying.

- 399 J.J.

Well, conditions just weren't good enough on my end, but it was nice making contact with you. I'm leaving it there for a while and listen up.
Had a great short qso this evening with Brother DXer, Conditions were holding steady enough up my way to be able to make contact on .405 LSB,hope all of my Radio Friends have a great weekend ahead!!

73's

Hey JJ ! There's not much action in South America on LSB, but there are actually lots of operators out of Columbia on 27.555 USB. I've talked down there from time to time. If you listen on 555, the stations with callsigns beginning with '6' are from Colombia. (ie: 6DA201). There are many more operators in Venezuela, which is division 5. Cuba (88), and Panama (24) are also heard quite often up here. Brazil and Argentina have thousands of ops, nearly all on USB.
There's also a ton of stations in the Caribbean that use 27.515 LSB in English.
So no shortage of radio action in that part of the world !

Reactions: unit_399
Hey JJ ! There's not much action in South America on LSB, but there are actually lots of operators out of Columbia on 27.555 USB.
I've talked to several Ecuadorian and Chilean operators on .555. Not so much in Colombia except for "Pedro" out of Cartagena. Most SA operators are always talking about the problems in their countries, and to me, it's depressing.

- 399 J.J.

Reactions: BC Coyote
I second what Riverman said. "Fantastic QSO" with him out of Texas. He said he was running a Connex radio with a Firestick Antenna. Strong clear signal into my receive in Colombia in the early evening. Great talking with him.

I guess since there aren't many stations here, that I don't have the problem with QRM & QRN that you guys are having. My noise level here in the mountains is so low that my meter doesn't even come up off the peg. I've been running my amp on LOW (300W), but I'll kick it up to HIGH (900W) manana to see if it helps any.

Morning skip (b4 11am) is pretty dismal. After noon it's strong and gets better into the afternoon. Instead of hopping around calling on all the channels, I'll stick with 40 and 42 lsb. Gonna keep trying.

- 399 J.J.
Hope to run into you tomorrow. The Yeasu has arrived. Gotta crack her open and convert. First time I've done it on a virgin nearly 1000 usd radio..... bit nervous but happily it's just 1 set of pads to bridge. Then God help me with the rest of this as far as operation goes. I'll prob sound terrible till I get all the eq and compressor stages sorted. This thing is like going from a WWII aircraft to a YF22. The principles may be the same but ....anyway hope we can catch ya. Least I will then have any capability I need to find you guys..... in theory....but first gotta pull this brisket off the grill. 73s.

Good Luck with the conversion Lonestar ! My fingers are crossed for ya and I'm knockin' on wood......

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.