• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got me a new Stryker SR-440HP today...

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
...They exist!

Don't have much time tonite to play with it (going to Laker game!!) but I'll play with it and take some pics maybe and post up later in the week or next week my initial impressions.

BTW, the first thing out of the box is a note that's funny:

"WARNING IMPORTANT
The Stryker SR-440HP is designed for entry level amateur use. If the transmitter is operated in the United States or within it's territories a licensed amateur radio operator must be present at the station. The minimum license class to operate 10-meter phone is Novice/Technician. If you are studying for your license and want to familiarize yourself with the operation of the radio, the receiver may be operated with or without a licensed operator present. For more information regarding FCC licensing, contact your nearest amateur radio dealer, or for complete details contact the American Radio Relay League."

I believe that Justin, Northstar, and the rest of the group really did a great job with this radio. I am using one in my pick up and get great reports on the loud clean sounding audio. The receiver is awesome.

A friend of mine just bought one and loves it. He now has quite a problem: which radio to run, the new Stryker or his almost new Magnum S-6. I also have the S-6 and am looking forward to getting my hands on a Stryker. I can say this: His Stryker sounded fantastic.

I've never seen any Magnum top 60 watts, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

I've sold two Strykers so far, and both sold within 2 hours of being placed in the showcase. I hope the second production run is ahead of schedule!

Moleculo said:
BTW, the first thing out of the box is a note that's funny:

"WARNING IMPORTANT
The Stryker SR-440HP is designed for entry level amateur use. If the transmitter is operated in the United States or within it's territories a licensed amateur radio operator must be present at the station. The minimum license class to operate 10-meter phone is Novice/Technician. If you are studying for your license and want to familiarize yourself with the operation of the radio, the receiver may be operated with or without a licensed operator present. For more information regarding FCC licensing, contact your nearest amateur radio dealer, or for complete details contact the American Radio Relay League."

The same exact thing appears in the front of the magnum owners manual.

I saw the stryker at Bobs CB this week. Seemed like a real nice radio, and Bob had good things to say about how it performed. He said he was a little concerned about the final transistor that they used though. Said it cold be a little costly to replace, should it fail.

We have the transistors available to anyone who would ever need one and are sending some out to shops free of charge just in case this is a concern. They are widely available in Asia and we're importing them to take care of any supply or cost doubts. The transistor we used is extremely durable and can take a lot of abuse. In the past they have been used in a variety of applications including CHP base radios.

Thanks

That's exactly what Bob was figuring. That you'd be importing them yourself, as the cost would be a good $60-70 bucks if a shop had to order them from overseas on their own.

I'll be picking one up soon.

I may have to grab one of these radios to play with...I have SSB on my radio now, but don't use it ever, like I thought I would.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.