• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Got my ticket

Congrats! I just passed my tech, and general today in 1 session. I'm stoked....bet you are too. Maybe we'll meet up on the waves sometime.... I have an old Drake TR-7 from my grandpa, so with the Tech the only thing I could really use anyways is 10m because of my equipment, so it was a no brainer to try for general. I failed by 1 question the first time, so I re-tested and nailed it. There was a lot of cheering and mutual support when the guys testing were called up and found out if they passed or failed. It was cool, everyone was really supportive and nice.

27 people showed up at the test...I was surprised. A lot of them came from CB...we were talking about it. No dirty looks. Everyone starts somewhere and it's easiest to start with unlicensed radios you can pick up cheap. No shame in it bro.

Yea i bought the tech book and watched videos and did the hamexam.org site..I like having hard copies of things to reference later on if I need too

Yeah I know man. I have cheat sheets taped all behind my radio. Its a wall of charts. Meters to freq conversions, frequency allocation charts, broadcast stations for other countries, region charts, Q codes, CB channel = freq layout. Cheat sheet of what freqs I can be on and if they are only cw or rtty , etc. AmSat data....

It's a wall of info right behind my radio. Easy to reference, and it helped me with the tests a lot.... I've been glancing at them a lot the last couple months.

I have cheat sheets taped all behind my radio. Its a wall of charts. Cheat sheet of what freqs I can be on and if they are only cw or rtty , etc. AmSat data.....

No shame in doing that. One of the locals I talk to has a huge color coded chart with the band info and mode methods. He's been a ham for over twenty years.

Reactions: Charlie337

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.