• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

heads up about N3DG

bioman

Nov 13, 2005
reading,pa
I had a BEAUTIFUL ONE OWNER panasonic RF-4900 on the board and he contacted me about it ........

he didn't give me his call sign and in fact toldme he was NOT a HAM......

and that they needed a radio for the church.......

I dropped $65 off of the price AND ate the shipping because I was TRYING to do something nice for the church......... good karma and all that........

he received the radio today and IMMEDIATLY filed a complaint against me with paypal demanding 1/2 of his money back...$80.....

I told him that I would happily refund 100% of his $ if he sends the radio back..but he seems not to be interested in that...

I even told him if he would like (to save him on the shipping ) that I would DRIVE there (he lives about an hour away) and pick the rig up from him and give him ALL his $ back (including what I spent in shipping)

instead wants to KEEP the radio and me give him $80 dollars back

I ripped him off, he is going to prosecute me for mail fraud etc etc

i looked his shipping address up online to get directions in case I needed to drive down there and lo and behold I found out quite a bit about Dennis........

he STILL insists that I am trying to rip him off but will NOT return the radio for a refund and has told me if I come there to pick it up he will call the police

as it stands I told paypal that I would refund ALLhis $ and he immediatly dropped his claim

his info is

Dennis Gazak
N3DG

1171 Huntingdon Pike
Huntingdon PA
215-947-1004

DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS DIMWIT!

mods if this is inappropriate please delete

I don't see the need to call him a dimwit; but the rest of what you said surely stands up to scrutiny.
Thanks for the warning.
Just because someone is a Ham - doesn't mean that his business dealings are legitimate!

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?p=6624&sid=8b1bc1ef086feb737e533e6da37b27b8

I don't see why he claimed that his church needed a scanner/receiver.
Sounds a little strange to me...

Google can be helpful BEFORE making any deals....

Dennis Gazak N3DG - Google Search

see?? he told me he WAS NOT a HAM so I never thought to look him up anyhow....

I only found out he has a callsign after looking his address up online so I could drive down there...

live and learn I guess

you're right.although I called him ALOT worse once i found out he SEEMS to be a crook

I will remove it

Does he have a userid on this site?

honestly I don't know.....

but he DID see my ad on here so I wanted to let everyone here know about it..

as I said...if it is inappropriate the mods may feel free to delete this ....

Rob...

He led me to believe that the church did missionary work and they wanted a shortwave radio for out "in the field".......... seemed reasonable to me but in retrospect maybe not so much

now after I offered to drive there and pick up the radio and give him a 100% IN CASH refund he is stating that that is not acceptable and if I send him $200 (160 purchase price + 20 for shipping and 20 for his "handling") he will send me the radio back......

I refused and told him that I would be HAPPY to drive there to meet in a PUBLIC PLACE to pick up the radio and give him a CASH refund......

this is still of course unacceptable to Dennis and if I dont give him a refund he will call the police.....

how do I get involved in such predicaments?:confused:

I will keep you guys posted on any news other than the standard reporting me for mail fraud etc :D

I had a guy use that church helping a handicapped guy out manover on me once on here aswell it was for a Cobra 2000GTL it was a long horrible battl;e and process and I to after sending my item and not hearing from him or getting the trade item in return got nervous and had my wife of all people look at me and raise an eyebrow and smile while saying "HONEY!!?? YOU HAVE JUST BEEN HAD!! I was not happy after researching this guys aswell and after posting other forum members came out of the woodwork so to speak and all kinds of info came in.

Ofcourse it was to late and I was screwed somewhat but I did warn others and found out his Ebay track record and also displayed that info. bIn return he had sent me a pm saying "Tony if you tell anyone about this on this forum Ill post all your info (ALL OF IT) on the internet' I laughed he besically threatened me for calling him out LMAO!!! then he posted this rediculous story on google about me ripping (HIM) off and he even went as far as to change the Cobra 2000gtl and matching speaker into a Yaesu tube boat achor radio I wouldnt even want and said he shipped it to me and I was sending him money when it got here and never sent the money!!! LMAO who the hell sends someone theyu dont even know a radio in good faith expecting that the receiving person will send money??? it was pretty funny to be honest. I am asked often about what the hell the article is all about when people stumble onto it.

This guy even included my wife in on the shinanigans saying shes a fat C.B. radio b!+ch which was really funny considering she wont use 11 meters because all the guys do is fight in my area so she will only use 2 meters and 10 meters kind of B.S. he brought her into his scam but thats how these guys operate. but yet funny this clown even posted to completely different stories LMAO!!! Theres some real crackheads out there we just have to becareful and as mentioned do the research on a persons real name if they wont give you that then you dont need to deal with them because they have something to hide ;)

Ive dealt with several people shipped radios to Korea and other areas of the world and never ever had a problem with how I packed something resulting in damage knock on wood. Bio chalk it up as a learning experience thats all we can really do when this happens we just have to becareful who we deal with. Thanks for sharing the info and situation because theres nothing wrong with a friendly heads up!!

he has repeatedly threatened to file fraud charges against me and states that he has no interest in meeting me to exchange radio for cash (wonder why?)

but INSISTS I send HIM $200 and then he would send the radio back......

this is the email I just now sent to him....

EMAIL QUOTE IN FULL::::::::::::::::

I'll tell you what there Dennis....you say youre going to call the police on me.....

that's fine.........why don't we do the radio/cash exchange at 640 Red Lion Road, Huntingdon Valley PA?
that being the police station that covers your area.........

I'm sure the nice officers will be more than happy to help you...

you know.unless of course YOUR'E trying to rip ME off......

in which case you will not respond to this email.....

and then I will pick a time to be there and then drive there to file a complaint against YOU for attempting to extort money from me......

have a nice day

Scott

END EMAIL QUOTE::::::::::::

let's see what kind of response I get from him

The guy's threat to call the police is just that....a threat. He does not have a case for anything.

Paypal will require him to return the item with proof. Then he gets his refund and only the amount he paid, nothing more. And he has to pay to send it back.

He has no recourse beyond this. Don't be intimidated by loud threats.

W3ODD Misinformation

Scott Solon W3ODD ("Strange Call") neglected to mention pertinent details, including, that the radio was not as claimed, has many scratches, is distorted and most importantly, had a part missing vital to its operation; all this after he persisted and pushed me into buying it.

Further, he did not state that I received obscene, profane, offensive, harassing and threatening emails from him when I kindly, respectfully and most reasonably requested the missing part and partial refund, which led to my having to report him to the authorities.

Scott Solon is not only guilty of name-calling here, but libel, slander, threats and harassment as well, which will be dealt with as appropriate.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.