1. In celebration of the launch of the new redesigned site, we just gave away a FREE antenna! Click Here to See Who Won!

Help with Vanity

Discussion in 'FCC Activity' started by Se7en, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

i am lost on where to go to click to get to apply for a vanity call sign.:blushing:

2. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Active Member

1 person likes this.
  3. centurion

centurion Member

CAN I HELP YOU......

:pop:what do you want???:bdh:

4. towerdog

towerdog one-niner-seven

trying in vain?

5. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

Huh ?

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

6. W5LZ

W5LZ Crotchety Old Bastard

If you have problems dealing with 'governmentease' like I do, probably the simplest way of applying for a vanity call sign is through 'W5YI'. It isn't free, you pay for 'them' handling the paper work.
    Finding out if a particular call sign is available is fairly simple, go to N4MC's site and look it up.
    - 'Doc

7. EDUK8TR

EDUK8TR Administrator

I agree Doc.(y) I used their services to obtain my vanity call. I got what I wanted, a 2x1 call in my region.:) I recently did my change of address on line at the FCC site. That wasn't too difficult.;) The attempt at a vanity call I was looking for was handled much better by them than if I had attempted it. It can be done on line but the results could be tricky.:unsure:

Wayne C.
    WV4L

8. K9GAS

K9GAS W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

the spot for applying for a vanity. It takes you to the correct FCC spot. I believe there's an $8 charge. I don't think the FCC does anything for free. It was $8 for a change of address application as well. Just be ready with multiple call choices you want. It surprising when you find the call you may want is not available.

9. WR0220

WR0220 Active Member

I just went to the FCC web site and used the online application. It wasn't that difficult, but that was before they revised their site so I don't know if it is any more difficult now. Another option would be to prepare your list of calls, then apply for a vanity call when you take your exam to upgrade. ;)

10. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

I gotit figured out.
    And the fee is $14.50 on the FCC site.if you have w5yi do it its $39.95.
    I personally dislike internet forms and all that I prefer a nice sharp pencil or pen and good old paper. :)
    Started my list of calls I wouldn't mind having. I do have to ask this one if I'm in california and my call is kj6xxx can I change it to W6xxx ?

11. mackmobile43

mackmobile43 Jock Supporter

See what amateur vanity gets you? :w00t: cbers do it for free

12. W5LZ

W5LZ Crotchety Old Bastard

Can you change from a "Kx6xxx" to a "W6xxx" call? Call sign structure is based on license class, so as long as you have the appropriate license you can get that sort of call sign if it's available.
    - 'Doc

13. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member

I went all in with the FCC and petitioned them to relesase the Extra Class 2x1 call I wanted. I had to prove the original call holder was deceased by providing documentation. I was not related to the original holder nor did I know him in real life.

Took about two weeks from start to finish when they made the call available. Then my timing had to be perfect to be the first vanity application submitted for the call. It was and I was granted the call sign. :D

14. Se7en

Se7en Well-Known Member

There was two calls I wanted both being from silent lets still have a year to wait. But I did get my new vanity well its in processing. Do im happy. If you have applied for a vanity this site tells u what a ham has applies for and what is Going to be given http://ae7q.com/list/AppByType.php?TYPE=E

15. hookedon6

hookedon6 W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

was this recently?

I have heard that the "SK HARVESTING" :)eek::eek::eek:) of calls was changed and done away with unless you were related to the SK