• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

hijack a fast food drive-thru with a CB radio

Ummm, not all fast food joints are FM or even VHF...

At one point they were very close to the 30Mhz frequencies...anyone remember when cordless phones were in the 49 Mhz range? I do, and it wasn't that long ago...

I have talked through the intercom at a local McDonalds, both the customer and the server heard me talking. And that was with nothing more than a barefoot Kraco Super Deluxe and a simple Radio Shack gutter-mounted antenna. I also came through my friend's cordless phone...

Just because one or two fast food joints have VHF and FM doesn't mean they all do...
I agree !! I was driving though a Costco parking lot about a month ago , they have what is called food courts out side with a bunch of tables , it was pretty packed that day (they are most days) I was driving by looking for parking , all of a sudden I heard my transmisson on my cb radio go over there PA system , IT WAS LOUD !! but at first I was kind of in diseray , I kept talking to the guy I was talking to and looking around to see where it was coming from ? I was kind of tripping on this at first , then I realized what was happening , OUHPS !! people were looking around and not even at me , this all happen very fast but it was like slow motion to me. It caught me off gaurd for sure.

Where I live , I don't think the local PD would have appreciated it. So the bottom line is this , shit can happen.

A couple thoughts...as long as it wasn't intentional, and your equipment was "correct," you probably wouldn't have anything said to you...

Isn't there an FCC sticker on most transceivers that states something like they must accept any interference???

Oh I totally realize that , but when it comes to cb radio , power is illegal one way or the other. I tend to have a trashy mouth from time to time and I personally wouldn't have wanted to lay that upon 50 some people eating hot dogs and pizza with there children at the local Costco.

IM fairly sure my vocabulary was behaving itself that day. This kind of stuff is really nothing new to me as far as drive-thru fast food joints , My radios and amps have opened garage doors and set off many a car alarm over the years , it's surely not as bad as it once was though.

either my equipment is cleaner or the makers of those devices have chnaged things on there ends ? Maybe back some 20 years ago , a joke was a joke , but even then , I don't think I was out to deliberately offend or piss somebody off for the fun of it. Not my piece of cake.

I feel the need to be responsible for what I do and say , and the lesser the sins by me , the less I feel the need to be accountable for them. :)

I hear ya there Switch, but you were not getting into their frequency. You were comming across on the outside PA system, the speaker mounted on the wall that was not properly sheilded.

Before they had better computers I could blank the screen at the drive thrus with my 1100 watt kicker. They couldn't here the audio.
This guy has a vivid imagination.

I have the same walkie talkie and same toaster....my better half would kill me if I took the toaster apart, though. lol

I hear ya there Switch, but you were not getting into their frequency. You were comming across on the outside PA system, the speaker mounted on the wall that was not properly sheilded.

Maybe, maybe not...some PA's are "wireless"...I've done the same thing at a local gas station that uses a wireless PA system.

I know when I was growing up we used to hear the server talking to the customer through our CBs...they had to be close in frequency. More than once I was asked not to talk while in the drive-through because it disrupted them...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.