• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

i guess nobody wants to reply to the question about the m s6

Jul 7, 2005
north carolina
im just wondering if anybody can give me some feed back about the magnum s6 45 watts, i read where people were trashing the s9, & i just want to know from anybody who may of had a s6 , what they think about it just for am , sound ,how much modulation,recieve, i just want to run it in my truck, i have all the power i need in something else, iv'e always been a cobra & galaxy man , so i just thought i would get some feed back on the magnum if i can , thanks..... :?: :?:

a s6 is the same radio as a s3, the only difference is the s6 has the frequency counter adn s9 face. a frequency counter is useless on a non ssb radio.

magnums are crap. run them like the directions say and they splatter just as bad as they do full open.

country boy jr, there are alot of people running Magnums with no problems at all and exellent audio. Alot of how well a Magnum sounds is in who tunes it and what they do. I do think they are alittle off base on the wattage claims but so are half the people on these forums. You can expect 35-40 watts of nice loud butt kicking audio.

thank's for the reply

i dont know much about computers somone said because i posted all in caps, or something was the reason i had not received any replys i dont even know what that means, i guess im old school,dont use a comp. much, but i have been messing with two way radio's since i was 16 , all i wanted to know was what to expect from the s6, either way who can complain about a gift. the person who gave it to me is a great friend, & probably you all know him, im still greatful for what he did from the kindness of his heart, how ever thank's for the reply and oponion's hope you have a great weekend & 2007 is a great year for you !!!!! ;)

I've have a couple of friends that have Magnums, S3..S9 they haven't been clipped (butchered) and I can honestly tell you that I want one. My friend brought over his S9.....the thing has two mic plugs (don't know why) we hooked it up on my power supply, put two different mics on it and had a conversation with each other on the same radio. The locals couldn't figure out why we had the same signal...but sounded so different, we had a blast with them. I don't agree with the frequency counter being useless on a non SSB radio....when you turn that band selector, you don't have to hunt for the channel (frequency) chart ;) you have a good friend (tell him I have a birthday in August) :LOL:

pluto thanks for the info, yea it's nice to have a friend that will do something for you like that, i got it hooked up and so far no compliants here , just like somebody said take time & adjust it & get a radio check from someone you know will take time to get you tuned in right & it sounds good to me ,by the way i agree with you a frequency counter is very helpful, thanks - charles :)

there is no reason for you to be away from the standard 40 channels with that radio.

besides being against the law freeband channels are considered ssb frequencys, a non ssb radio doesnt make much sence.

Carl said:
besides being against the law freeband channels are considered ssb frequencys, a non ssb radio doesnt make much sence.
Really? I hear much traffic on 26.915 AM when skip is rolling.

That whole radio is inherently against the "law" in any case. So?

Country boy, I was just making an observation.
It is found offensive by many folks when people type in all caps. It is considered yelling and is quite hard to read for most.
Some simply ignore posts in all caps. That's all I meant.

Actually there is alot of "freeband" skip below channel 1, other times people just want to get away on a quiet channel. I would prefer an S9 myself but heck, an S6 as a gift is great.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.