• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just need some info.

bigal46563

Jul 1, 2010
Is there any radio sites were you could buy a 10 meter radio and have them put the 11 meter band in it without charging you an arm and a leg? Thanks

There are probably quite a few places that do that. Depending on the particular radio you have in mind the process is a fairly simple one. I won't/don't have any suggestions about price though. Why? Because those "10 meter" radios, or 'export' radios, are really 11 meter radios by design. The "10 meter" name is merely a way around the legal aspects.
- 'Doc

Is there any radio sites were you could buy a 10 meter radio and have them put the 11 meter band in it without charging you an arm and a leg? Thanks

GOOGLE....then call the retailer/shop and get the out the door price. Most exports only take about 5 minutes to convert if you know how to do it.
Sparkys CB Shop will include a tuneup and a conversion free with a radio purchase.

You didn't specify any particular brand of radio.

The Magnum S-45 OmegaForce and Magnum 257 can both be switched from 10m operation to 10m and 11m operation by simply switching an internal jumper on the board inside the radio. Doesn't cost you a cent, and you can opt to switch it back yourself if you decide to sell it later on too.

The RCI radios require a special 'key' that you have to buy and attach to a point inside the radio when purchased. That will make it cost more overall.

You didn't specify any particular brand of radio.

The Magnum S-45 OmegaForce and Magnum 257 can both be switched from 10m operation to 10m and 11m operation by simply switching an internal jumper on the board inside the radio. Doesn't cost you a cent, and you can opt to switch it back yourself if you decide to sell it later on too.

The RCI radios require a special 'key' that you have to buy and attach to a point inside the radio when purchased. That will make it cost more overall.

Every RCI 2950 series radio I have ever seen had the key packaged in the same bag as the mounting hardware. The only time I have heard of someone having to buy the key separately was when buying from a sleazy dealer especially that well known "metallic" dealer in Kentucky.

Every RCI 2950 series radio I have ever seen had the key packaged in the same bag as the mounting hardware. The only time I have heard of someone having to buy the key separately was when buying from a sleazy dealer especially that well known "metallic" dealer in Kentucky.

If you get ripped off like that, call the coppers.:love:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.