• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

let the skip begin on 11 meters

You will love ssb over am with that radio codeman 353, I have made so many contacts I now keep a log book. It is a totally different ball game to me as well, I always talked on am, now I use a magnum 257hp in the mobile and have a great time making contacts all around the world. Doesn't take a lot of power when good old Mother Nature is working her magic!! Have fun dx'ing, hope to hear you on air. 222 in the sand pile Daytona beach, FL. God bless.

You will love ssb over am with that radio codeman 353, I have made so many contacts I now keep a log book. It is a totally different ball game to me as well, I always talked on am, now I use a magnum 257hp in the mobile and have a great time making contacts all around the world. Doesn't take a lot of power when good old Mother Nature is working her magic!! Have fun dx'ing, hope to hear you on air. 222 in the sand pile Daytona beach, FL. God bless.

Oh yeah, I'm liking the Magnum and SSB, I do have a couple of issues I need to get fixed before the warranty runs out though...the recieve on it at times is crackly and every once in a while it will jump up a channel and lose it's memory. But even still I like the radio.

Yesterday the skip was rolling in for me and I made some good contacts to many places from Oregon to Florida from west Texas. I'll be sure to listen for you 222.

Anybody else been hearing Richieradio127 out of NYC on channel 19? Oh man that guy is annoying.

Sure the skip seems to be a tad better lately, but that just means mexico comes in better. I guess if I wanted to listen to echo/reverbs, single-double-quadruple roger beeps, and peat/repeats all day I would be happy. Radio has been maintaining an "Off" status for the last couple of weeks.
Sorry to hear of your loss. The present conditions on 11m may just be the best Solar Cycle 24 has to offer. You need to find another frequency.

Reactions: 2 people
all the contacts you mentioned on the first page and above post,i hear them mostly 3-4 times a week every other day between 5 and 7pm my time"your time too i think" and every morning if im up at the right time.with the astroplane 15ft to bottom ring.just cant get out but recieve well.
been cloudy and overcast today and thought it would have been rollin in,but actually just starting now for me..
im hoping maybe i can get out when i order that cheap dipole..to hold me over a while.
when i learn how the connections work on a antenna and understand it better i will be busting out some cool ones no doubt.
i have a "roll" i made to shape and curve metal and aluminum,can make round rings any size etc etc..
i have access to cheap 1/2x1/2 alum tube but its sqaure and not sure it will work in making a antenna..
just so i can listen for ya do you go by your forum name on the cb,,j9

10-4,,i was gonna go with my fathers old handle"grease monkey" but he just informed me he will get a tower up so we can talk in the near future.
so i think i will just stick with johnny9.someday i may tell the story of why my friends call me that lol.

congrats to you**Jump_im** today it was rolling in on every chanel from everywhere..antenna stuck in the ground between trees and heard 3 diff places in canada and a guy in barbadoes,and every state in the usa from east to west..
prob due to overcast skys and rain here all day..great day to listen anyhow.
dang i cant wait till i can say hello someday:whistle:

306 Northern Ireland is on 27.285 am now. Didn't think that was possible this time of day

I saw a double opening into Europe a lot in the past.Think about it....DX basically follows the sun. In the morning Europe is to our east as is the sun from OUR perspective. In the evening we are to the west of Europe as is the sun from THEIR perspective.No different than us hearing the west coast or pacific in the evening. There have been times I have been able to work Europe all night long but that has been rare. yes i am talking about 10/11m BTW.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1