• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

let the skip begin on 11 meters

222 Next time I talk to 711 I'll send regards your way through him I call you every time I hear Florida an have not made contact with you yet which lately has been daily . An those hole's in your neighbor's cable wire Hmmm.... I don't suppose you know anything about that ? You did say at one time I believe you had some neighbor's that where less than desirable ! LOL:D

I have had Fl in my receive a lot lately, talked to 165 and 71 yesterday. Have made contact with 222 but barely. My little radio shack mobile is workin'.

Reactions: 1 person
222 I talked to 711 again today he told me he has been talking to you for a while an your a great operator an have a great sounding station ! Don't be surprised if he tells you the next time you connect 1183 in RI said Hey ! lol

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

Good deal!! Yep 711 is good people and have had many good conversations with him. Haven't talked to RI yet that I have logged anyway, maybe one day. Well anyway happy dx'ing and god bless.

No sir, this was the neighbors behind me lol. The cable coax is old as heck and they know it needs replacing, they just come and get enough signal and leave. They don't want to have to come and dig the whole line lol. But I wouldn't stoop that low man. I can go get a permit and put up a real tower but I think that my HOA Wouldn't be too happy. I am a pretty straight shooter when it comes to respecting others. I took the dipole down after the complaints and put up an old. A99 at 36ft to tip and it's painted all black. I have better luck dx'ing in the mobile down by the intercostal waterway. Salt water all the way to New York. Good ground plane. Makes dx'ing fun!! But I will have the base setup right as well. Just going to take me some time. Work takes most of that these days!!
Will listen for you that's for sure and if I do talk to 711 I will definitely throw a hello your way. Working late today so not enough play time left.

I hear you 222 Aren't Gated community's wonderful I have friends an relatives in Florida so I understand what your going through ! Just me being me making fun of the under ground cable situation . I have I guy in Providence that is far enough away but when he get's on 38 LSB he just doesn't stop an you can't get a call in . I just heard him talking local an I guess he has a problem with the local cable company because he is causing RF problems ! I heard him say they been digging up an changing out cables all day . So he told his friend the "Good " stuff is put away an he's running bare foot .I wouldn't want to be him from the sound of it he is a little nervous .:pop:

No sir, I tread very lightly where I live. No unwanted attention needed. I asked the cable guy what the issue was and we have some very large oak trees that root out very far and tear up everything in their path, sidewalks and driveways included. And the HOA, oh man they are another story. I had some #14awg wire up and they told me it could be a hazard to the neighbors behind me as I was within 10ft of the back fence. So I stuck the a99 next to the chimney and mounted the mast pipe to the house. No issues since. What is so irritating about it all is the people behind us are new to the neighborhood, I have been there since 1991. Go figure. Anyway it doesn't bother me. I will get my antenna system right one way or another lol.

For a mobile antenna the 102 whip is very hard to beat. All the hype about these fancy looking heavy shaft coil type antennas is mostly smoke and mirrors. When I ran a 102 whip it always worked fantastic for me.

Reactions: 3 people
27.385 LSB's popping right now. Made contact in my base 959 and switched over to my Ranger SRA-198 mic with excellent results. Making contacts with Boston and Connecticut. Texas just came in.

Your right Lil'Yeshua I saw you post because its been quiet here all day I turn on the radio an NC an SC were booming in I made contact with 126 in SC .**Jump_im**

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.