• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

List of galaxy radios

tilehead

Apr 23, 2007
:?: Is there anywhere I can find a list of all Galaxy radios every made in the order they were put on the market?I am not sure how long they have been making Galaxies. The early 80's perhaps?

tilehead said:
:?: Is there anywhere I can find a list of all Galaxy radios every made in the order they were put on the market?I am not sure how long they have been making Galaxies. The early 80's perhaps?

Sorry, there is no list of what you want.
You can check the Galaxy website for some info.
http://www.galaxyradios.com/

Even Galaxy will not give you the full list either. They will not lay claim to the Galaxy 73 radio for example.

Butcher318 said:
Even Galaxy will not give you the full list either. They will not lay claim to the Galaxy 73 radio for example.

Where did you get that information?

Before Galaxy came out with their new line of radio's their web site had a picture of every radio they sold. This was in 98 or 99. We had some questions on a repair of a Galaxy 73 and e-mailed them. They stated they never made such a model and had no information for us on the repair. I got the impression it was a knockoff like the Mirage 2950, and they didn't warranty it nor did they seem to want to claim it. Thats what I remember.

It has been that long since I have seen a 73. I just did a search and found a Galaxy site that lists it. I wonder what the deal was back then as to why the guy that e-mailed us denied they made it?

Librium said:
GRTS said:
Butcher318 said:

Where did you get that information?

Thats a new one for me too.
Galaxy only claims anything with DX...thats what I have been told ,through and email 2 days ago...

The name Galaxy is well known in the communications industry and many people will attach that name to something in hopes of boosting sales. All of our Galaxy Radios will have the letters "DX" in the model numbers as you can see on our website at www.galaxyradios.com. The manufacturer of your radio is Ranger Communications Inc. (RCI) and they do not offer any support on your model. The Galaxy logo was not trademarked by us at the time Ranger built these radios.

and all i did was ask about parts for my Galaxy saturn..lol
but this is dam good to know :)
thanks RAY :)

the saturn, pluto and melaka models built by Ranger and imported into the US by the Nochman Bros.from NY who are long gone...

as a mater of fact you never know who might show up to post
about this..I should of known RCI had tibs in this as usual:p

Butcher318 said:
Before Galaxy came out with their new line of radio's their web site had a picture of every radio they sold. This was in 98 or 99. We had some questions on a repair of a Galaxy 73 and e-mailed them. They stated they never made such a model and had no information for us on the repair. I got the impression it was a knockoff like the Mirage 2950, and they didn't warranty it nor did they seem to want to claim it. Thats what I remember.

It has been that long since I have seen a 73. I just did a search and found a Galaxy site that lists it. I wonder what the deal was back then as to why the guy that e-mailed us denied they made it?

I find that a little hard to believe since every email to Galaxy is replied to by me. You might have been told it's no longer in production and some part support for it may not be available.

Although I am nearing the age of senility so who knows but you'd need to show me the headers with dates on the email you sent and my reply. I keep copies of every sent email so I can look them up if you remember what email address you used.

-Ray
Galaxy Radios

DX-letters ONLY???? no 73???? i am far from a fan of galaxy (sorry GRTS), but it is those kinds of comments that turn rumor into....now, if you said 'galaxy made crummy radios just so you'd have to buy another...', i might believe that one! again, my apologies, GRTS, i don't hate ford owners either, just their choice of vehicle :p

davegrantsr said:
DX-letters ONLY???? no 73???? i am far from a fan of galaxy (sorry GRTS), but it is those kinds of comments that turn rumor into....now, if you said 'galaxy made crummy radios just so you'd have to buy another...', i might believe that one! again, my apologies, GRTS, i don't hate ford owners either, just their choice of vehicle :p

I once had TWO Fords: my first one and my LAST one!!!!! :D :p

Gadfly

For quite some time, I thought my Pluto was a Galaxy until I went to the Galaxy website and learned otherwise. I often wondered how another manufacturer got away with that. Thanks to this thread, now I know.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.