• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LOOKING FOR A GOOD TRUE PEP METER?

I had a RadioShack meter and it read same as my dosy. average power yes, it will be pretty accurate but peak power won't even be close. Bird watts are true watts not happy watts like all the hobby meters.

I have owned 2 Bird 43P meters and they showed more peak watts than a Dosy. Reading average watts the Bird 43 is the cream of the crop, but on peak....NO.
BBI gets silly watts from his amps using a Bird 43P.

I have owned 2 Bird 43P meters and they showed more peak watts than a Dosy. Reading average watts the Bird 43 is the cream of the crop, but on peak....NO.
BBI gets silly watts from his amps using a Bird 43P.

Bird 43p meters are indeed more accurate but you need a clean single frequency source. There is a reason why commercial and industrial users use them. Say what you want but the proof is there outside the CB band. Of course as we all know things happen on 11m that happens no where else in the RF spectrum. Use what you want and be happy but please don't tell us that a properly calibrated Bird 43p or any other active powered peak meter is not as accurate as a Radio Shack non-powered "peak" meter. Note the " " marks around the word peak. I have been down that road with non-powered avg/peak meters before. My Diawa CN801HP is much more accurate. As for BBI, anyone can bitch a Bird meter to make it read more and being in the amp business I am sure he does since everyone believes in "Bird watts".

Reactions: Sonar and Robb
Bird 43p meters are indeed more accurate but you need a clean single frequency source. There is a reason why commercial and industrial users use them. Say what you want but the proof is there outside the CB band. Of course as we all know things happen on 11m that happens no where else in the RF spectrum. Use what you want and be happy but please don't tell us that a properly calibrated Bird 43p or any other active powered peak meter is not as accurate as a Radio Shack non-powered "peak" meter. Note the " " marks around the word peak. I have been down that road with non-powered avg/peak meters before. My Diawa CN801HP is much more accurate. As for BBI, anyone can bitch a Bird meter to make it read more and being in the amp business I am sure he does since everyone believes in "Bird watts".
Said it all - right there . . .

Reactions: Sonar

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.