• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for a mint Turner desk mic Plus 3B model

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014
Anyone have a Turner power mic of the desk mic PLUS 3B variety ? For sale or trade .. I'll buy it outright for a fair price to me. Please contact me if so with way of getting back to you privately preferred if possible but let me know please ...

Thanks kindly - Retro 73's

Got one here. Donʻt know how much they go for. Might need some cleaning on the contacts in the PTT. Blue/Gray. Desk mic right?

Got any handheld power mics astatics?

From what I'm reading after searching on internet that comes through other forums and such the plus 3B has a number of differences... It's a 6 wire mic that can be more suitable for newer radios. Yhe +3B has a deeper tone same board as the last plus two's made a good rich sound where the plus three has the same board as the super side kick for ssb.
The 3b adds compression. So yes alot more difference than suspected... One fella said, "correct the 3b has built in compression i bought one new in the box back in the day".

Retro

Reactions: 15minigrass
Maybe I have it confused with another microphone but I was sure of it. I had/have two of them and was sure the only difference was the colour. I'll have to check my Turner file on the computer when I get home from work tonight. I know the older mics had a switch for relay or electronic switching and thought they switched over to six wire for all mics whether it was the straight +3 or the +3B.

Okay guys thanks, and when I click that link binrat it gives me an error...
Says this -
Internal Server Error

Now what I'm hearing from a guy who's taken over a 30 year business for CB's is that the Turner Plus 3 original has the voice compression in it whereas the Plus 3B does NOT !
Hmmmmm, okay interesting but so far NO ONE has came back here and checked my schematic so guess he's right ....

WRONG. The +3B DEFINITELY has compression. I have owned two of tbem for nearly 35 years. The +3B is also the same as the +3 except it is black. Turner made changes to BOTH microphones over the years in regards to the wiring. You cannot compare an older +3 to a newer +3B or vice versa. You need one of each from the same timeframe to see that they are the same microphone. The Super Sidekick is different.

Reactions: bob85
Yeah CK... I hear ya bro. Now to make matters more interesting and a tad more confusing perhaps. LOL... I own a Midland International desk mic that is a dead
ringer for both of these mics but don't know if it has compression and perhaps same
mic as the Plus 3 or 3B... Here is some photos of it and I paid a pretty penny for it !
My tech though added a new cable that is 6 wire...

Retro

Attachments

• MIplus3mic_1.JPG
    MIplus3mic_1.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 25
  • MIplus3mic_2.JPG
    MIplus3mic_2.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 21
  • MIplus3mic_3.JPG
    MIplus3mic_3.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 20
  • MIplus3mic_5.JPG
    MIplus3mic_5.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 20
  • MIplus3mic_7.JPG
    MIplus3mic_7.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 21
  • MIplus3mic_9.JPG
    MIplus3mic_9.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 20
  • MIplus3mic_10.JPG
    MIplus3mic_10.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 19

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.