• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for a mint Turner desk mic Plus 3B model

That's a keeper. It would go nicely with my old Midland International. 13-898B. I think that mic was made by Turner just nit sure if it was the +3 or not. Notice on tbe paperwork it says "made exclusively for Midland" and NOT "made by Midland".

I am at wotk right now and cannot check my computer but IIRC Turner did rebadge some models for other companies.

Interesting CK but did you read the schematic I put here or do you know how ? Well my debate continues pondering on things on the internals and overall sound of these...
Thanks for the input very much !!!

The Turner wiring diagram included as an attachment is locked and I cannot copy/paste so I posted it here. On page 11 under "Use of Turner Microphones" it clearly states that the +3 and +3B are indeed speech compression type microphones as well as other models. Regardless of whether you have a +3 or a +3B you have a speech compression type microphone.........but then again that has to be true because they are the same microphone.Only the color is different. Yes......I had to say it again. This is why you can never find conflicting diagrams of a +3 and a +3B of similar vintage. Isn't it odd that you NEVER see a gray +3B or a black +3?

Attachments

• Turner wiring_diagrams[1].pdf
    785.2 KB · Views: 29
Yeah Captain thanks bro ! I guess my Midland International Turner knock off mic is about the same for real ...

Yeah CK... I hear ya bro. Now to make matters more interesting and a tad more confusing perhaps. LOL... I own a Midland International desk mic that is a dead
ringer for both of these mics but don't know if it has compression and perhaps same
mic as the Plus 3 or 3B... Here is some photos of it and I paid a pretty penny for it !
My tech though added a new cable that is 6 wire...

Retro
Ive got 2 of the 3B desk Mics one regular Plus Three and have bothe the whit and green JM-+3 and the Plus 3 Black Handheld they are outstanding SSB microphone and due to the compression they will and have always ran circles around the Astatic D104 microphones which I have an tone of those handheld and base versions.

I can get away with running the Turner Plus Three and +3 handhelds on my HF Rigs on the amateur bands aswell Ive never tried my other Turners Super Sidekicks and other power Handhelds on my radios Ive got a model 70 and +2 handhelds but I also have a non amplified 350C handheld that sounds good aswell.

Yeah only one I see is this :
For Sale (last updated 09-27-2014, listed 12-09-2013)
Manufacturer: TURNER
Model: PLUS THREE
Price: $75 SHIPPED
VERY NICE TESTED & WORKING TURNER PLUS THREE
AMPLIFIED DESK MIC 5 PIN RADIO SHACK PLUG SHIPPED CANADA
http://www.flickr.com/photos/117169894@N05/

Bit too expensive but it's not a plus 3B

Seems the Turner Plus 3B power DESK mic is next to impossible to find I'm starting to think... I mean one that is in great shape without giving one of my limbs I do tend to use every day !!!!!! HELLO OUT THERE - anybody have one for sale or know of someone that might know someone lmao geeeez .... ECHO !!

Retro waves for a plus 3b desk mic :)

Seems the Turner Plus 3B power DESK mic is next to impossible to find I'm starting to think... I mean one that is in great shape without giving one of my limbs I do tend to use every day !!!!!! HELLO OUT THERE - anybody have one for sale or know of someone that might know someone lmao geeeez .... ECHO !!

Keep checking eBay everyday. I have been lucky enough to find and purchase 2 within the last 6 months.

Keep an eye on eBay and everything pops up eventually. Seems to be a good time to buy old mics right now. Prices are not through the roof.

I tried to post the link but the site shows a blank square. Look at eBay auction 141434234525

eBay item #141434234525

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've been on EBay and thought I had the last one, but someone bid on in the last few minute and took it at around $90 bucks, I was so upset cos I talked to that fella and he was gonna put on a 4pin plug for me and it was in real good shape pffffft so frustrating..... but thanks gentlemen and yes I'm sure eventually but I had my heart set on that one but it kinda went thru the roof but I regret loosing out on it alot !!

Retro (Jimbo)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.