• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maco v5/8 vs wolf .64

OK, Master Chief.

Hey 'Doc, if we read closely we may find that guarantee only insures the SO-239 in that instance. At least that is what I recall in reading about that part.

You are right about lightning, plan on total destruction and then you are lucky if it ain't total.

Reactions: 1 person
From what I have red he says that the so239 would be the only thing to get ruined. Now if he says they will take a strike maybe they will. Its says with minimal or no damage.

top hat on maco 58

I notice that both the wolf and the I10k have static tophats on them. Do they really make that much differance and do you think it can be added to the maco ?

Cheech,
I really hope he's right, but being naturally pesimistic I don't think I'd bet the proverbial hole in a donut on it. Let alone the cost of the antenna...
- 'Doc

sherlock,
Would it make a huge difference? I really doubt it. But, they aren't that hard to make, and I don't see where you'd be loosing anything if you wanted to try it. Depending on the size of the static discharge'er, you might have to fiddle with the antenna's length a little...
- 'Doc

W5LZ said:
Cheech,
I really hope he's right, but being naturally pesimistic I don't think I'd bet the proverbial hole in a donut on it. Let alone the cost of the antenna...
- 'Doc
Yeah who knows? Not meny people seem to know about his antennas. Very intersting to me seeing as how well they seem to be contructed. Seem to be a step up from most of the antennas availible.

Sherlock, what kind of response are you expecting if you do add the cap hat to your Maco?

Wolf probably puts his cap hat on to induce the current even higher up the radiator than otherwise would occur. That is also why he adds the other two coils to an insulated section in the radiator as well. It is suggested that this improves the current distribution of this non-resonant length radiator over one that does not include these features. Doing so is supposed to further lower the angle of radiation to the horizon and improve true gain.

Marconi

Marconi,
Im hoping to try and drop a little of the white noise. Even a little to me is better than none.

Static is like rain, it only stops getting on stuff when it stops and goes away. Just feel lucky you don't have to deal with a f'glass stick antenna. Now static really likes to glaum’ onto that stuff. Look up the definition of static in a good dictionary.

If you go to the effort and it works, then you need to write a book. You will get rich, because nobody yet has figured out a way to stop or cut down the white noise we all have learned to love.

You could move that is also a possible solution.

Oh! I forgot one. You could soak your feed line in water, let it work on the shield for a time, reinstall it. The copper sulfate produced, green tarnish, will attenuate those signals enough to cut down on the affects of static to your receiver. You don't really need all that power going out to the antenna anyway, a 1/4 watt will get you to most places you can hear. They won't see a big signal or maybe any signal at all, but you should be able to communicate still. This is funny, but true.

static is nothing more than an imbalance in opposing charges and has little if nothing to do with the materials from which antennas are constructed. all matter is made up of equal amounts of positive and negative charge and your dictionary definitions are incorrect.

the matrix has you. read this dissertation by William J. Beaty and prepare to have some of your "misconceptions" about "static" completely destroyed.

http://www.amasci.com/emotor/stmiscon.html

You are right freecell, your definition is correct. I was trying to relate an idea of how hopeless it is for us to expect a cap hat to do that trick. I know that stuff is the stuff we are all made of.

I been glaumed’ again. Now I know just how the Imax 2000 Glaumator feels.

I just found the plans on cb tricks for the super penetrator. The tophat on that looks simple to make.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.