• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257HP question to owner/users

Thanks for all the help guys, here it is. The screws wouldn't line up in the middle, so used cable ties to keep it together. (y)
DSCF0163.jpg

Looks like it is ready for takeoff! Nice job on the fans. (y)

I have a 257HP as well, and I like to travel with it and use it in a rental car. Nice little rig with a lot of punch. I usually point an AC vent at it when mine gets warm. :D

RT307

mine's still doing fine after more than a year
i've always run it at full power, 50% mic gain, built into a dash so no room for extra cooling or even having the ability to see if it's running hot or not.

not in any way saying it should be run this way, just that if you get the right one it really is a tough little bitch :)

Knock on wood now...

It would be interesting to see how many good ones are out there. I see posts come up from time to time, and there seem to be more operators with good ones than there are with problem ones. Maybe that's because I have a good one. ;)

RT307

Mine gets warm to hot when I ratchet Jaw also a good fan does the trick. Love the radio Loud and clear Great stock mic. Love being able to run 4 pin mic's and most of all stable on SSB Great receive. A keeper

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.