• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ 259 used to tune amplifier ??

Wow, do I have to show/explain everything to you, sounds like you have far less knowledge in this area than I do. Which makes me wonder why you even posted. Oh....ya sounds like picking a fight or starting an argument.

If I have to explain laymen s terms to you , I don't know where I should start first. Just because there isn't a screw for you to turn or one listed in the schematic, doesn't mean it CAN'T be tuned. They do make these nice air variables or trimmer caps that you can install. You just better have a nice LCR meter like the one I have here to measure inductance and capacitance.

Maybe when you figure out what THINGYS that can be tuned are, you could add something of value and not clog up threads with how many lay terms you don't understand. Then you could answer questions instead of adding more of them. Your not one of those who googles the question to come up with a reply for a thread to look smart are you? I thought only I did that.......

That post was so full of technical know how and experience it is making my head swim.
Good job showing your ignorance!
If I were you I would be completely embarrased.
Do you try and "TUNE" everything or do you have to take all of it to the "REPAIR" technician?!
You're the one that posted questions about "if" or "how" I should use an "ATENNA ANALYSER" to "TUNE" and amplifier!?!?
And when you realize you have been discovered as someone trying to impress people with your "LACK" of knowledge and experience you get pissy.
Just don't make no sense that you would post a question about "how" or "if" I should use an "ANTENNA ANALYZER" to "TUNE" an amplifier that does not need tuned and then try to impress people with your "LACK" of knowledge.
Ok, I will make it simple for you since you did not quite understand my previous post.
Hook up your "WATTMETER" ( at this point I should advise not to confuse the wattmeter with the antenna analyzer) and the "TUNE" for maximum output.
(Hope that one is not to difficult for you to digest)
And one more thing; Please keep us informed about the 5 more watts you might get out of your 4 pill amp because that is really important that you use your "ANTENNA ANALYZER" to "TUNE" your amplifier get a whopping 5 more watts.
And if you really want to impress us then let us know what value of capacitance it required to get those 5 watts.
Since you advised us about your LCR meter then I will rest assured that you will use that to determine the value of capacitane that gave you those 5 watts. ( you can try and use your "ANTENNA ANALYZER" to measure that capacitance but it would just make more sense if you used a "CAPACITANCE METER".
My LCR meter is old school.
I don't think you would be familiar with it because it is not consumer grade. (ESI)
Later; It's been fun!

Last edited:
That post was so full of technical know how and experience it is making my head swim.
Good job showing your ignorance!
If I were you I would be completely embarrased.
Do you try and "TUNE" everything or do you have to take all of it to the "REPAIR" technician?!
You're the one that posted questions about "if" or "how" I should use an "ATENNA ANALYSER" to "TUNE" and amplifier!?!?
And when you realize you have been discovered as someone trying to impress people with your "LACK" of knowledge and experience you get pissy.
Just don't make no sense that you would post a question about "how" or "if" I should use an "ANTENNA ANALYZER" to "TUNE" an amplifier that does not need tuned and then try to impress people with your "LACK" of knowledge.
Ok, I will make it simple for you since you did not quite understand my previous post.
Hook up your "WATTMETER" ( at this point I should advise not to confuse the wattmeter with the antenna analyzer) and the "TUNE" for maximum output.
(Hope that one is not to difficult for you to digest)

And one more thing; Please keep us informed about the 5 more watts you might get out of your 4 pill amp because that is really important that you use your "ANTENNA ANALYZER" to "TUNE" your amplifier get a whopping 5 more watts.
And if you really want to impress us then let us know what value of capacitance it required to get those 5 watts.
Since you advised us about your LCR meter then I will rest assured that you will use that to determine the value of capacitane that gave you those 5 watts. ( you can try and use your "ANTENNA ANALYZER" to measure that capacitance but it would just make more sense if you used a "CAPACITANCE METER".
My LCR meter is old school.
I don't think you would be familiar with it because it is not consumer grade. (ESI)
Later; It's been fun!

Sounds to me like more than one is showing their ignorance in this thread and I mean that in a different context than you do. Let's tame it down a bit. Kapeesh?

Reactions: 3 people
There is some thing that can be added to this.

From what I gather he is talking about three seperate things.

"They might be malfunctioning and need to be repaired but that is a different subject."

I think this is the key to his answer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.