• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

monkeymade or predator?

Thanks ill try moving the antenna and do. More grounding. May go with wilson 5000 or go with another antenna anyhow if I get bigger amp.
Would a ts 1200 or 1600 handle the 80~100pep from this radio

The 1600's preferred driver is a TS ModV and that'll peak around 100 watts. No clue as the proper driver for a 1200.
A Wilson 5000 will handle the 1600, no problem. A Texas Star 1600 will only do about 200 more watts pep than a comp 4 pill.

I would get the preditor for the weight difference alone. Both work well.

All big coil antennas work about the same. Predator 10K is just so light, you gotta love them!
I replaced my Francis Amazer on the tool box with a 27" shaft Predator....doesn't get out any better but it just looks nice.

Reactions: 1 person
Thx for everyones input! Ive heard that the transistors cause harmonics inside the case of a texas star, thats why the swr goes up when its on. Any truth to that? I will move the antenna around.
And how can i check the antenna output connector on the amp and radio to see if they are indeed 50hm. Ive heard some say the swr bridge in the amp may be off. Im just kinda learnin, so bear with me guys, but I AM LISTENING TO YOU ALL.

Input tuning is most likely off some on the amp. A good tech could help you out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.