• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Multi-band Low-pass Filter Kit for unfiltered amps

I guarantee that I've forgotton more about radio than you will ever know old timer. 1993 lol.

I could put a working amp on the air that would far exceed the specs you will ever get out of an RM Zitaly for about ten bux and a little time.

There are people watching here and getting some real entertainment from you.

So why don't you help out a fellow amateur. After all, it is only a measly "10 bux" Why don't you build him your wonderful 10 dollar amplifier and send it to him as a friendly gesture?

Just asking, but common sense tells me you are full of hot air.:LOL:

With a $10 budget I could not purchase any of the following components required for this build. The heatsink, output transistors, and RF transformers would all exceed $10 individually so obviously this was BS.

With a $10 budget I could not purchase any of the following components required for this build. The heatsink, output transistors, and RF transformers would all exceed $10 individually so obviously this was BS.

You know that, and I know that, but I was hoping maybe Kamikaze had found the mysterious secret fountain of amplifiers, the one that spits out those magical $10 100 watt amplifiers.;)

eagle1911,
I know just enough to get myself in trouble when it comes to a soldering iron. I must say great project and great job. If your happy, who gives a D@MN what other people type. Keep up the good work. I have learned more by folks like you on this forum than anyone else.

That being said for 5r8gq the only thing that comes to mind when I read your post is something from Monty Python.
"Now for something different."

Last edited:
You know that, and I know that, but I was hoping maybe Kamikaze had found the mysterious secret fountain of amplifiers, the one that spits out those magical $10 100 watt amplifiers.;)

It's called a good Yankee hamfest and a sharp eye.

eagle1911,
I know just enough to get myself in trouble when it comes to a soldering iron. I must say great project and great job. If your happy, who gives a D@MN what other people type. Keep up the good work. I have learned more by folks like you on this forum than anyone else.

That being said for 5r8gq the only thing that comes to mind when I read your post is something from Monty Python.
"Now for something different."

Many thanks superdigit! I enjoy this kind of DIY stuff immensely.. in fact I have procured a complete set of parts for the EB63 amplifier (Motorola 2xMRF454 140W PEP class AB amplifier) for a very good price, so a thread will be popping up detailing it's construction soon.

I'm happy to hear that people are gleaning knowledge from threads like these, that's the whole point (well, that and drama lol..). The way I figure, the more pictorial threads like this that exist, the better.

You're absolutely correct in your thoughts about a builder's happiness with his/her projects and what other people may think of them. My plan is to continue posting projects like these regardless of what the douchebag clan thinks of them.

I would never show negativity towards anyone for working on a filter system or even cleaning up the airwaves or band for that fact. Class C users most likely have no clue what the filtering is all about let alone would even think about it LMAO!! Atleast Eagle is doing something constructive and not destructive.

Alot of people must figure that if there covering half the 11 meter band with splatter and killing neighbors TV's, phones, stereos and everything else electronic on the block then their as they would say "Im gettin down" or up or whatever the hell else it is that they sing into their microphones on the American Idol AM channels on the lower portion of 11 meters LMA:LOL:!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.