• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My $50 Score!

70cst

Dec 4, 2009
5W05P55R23nf3kc3m4bad69a03e6d02f51790.jpg

5Y65T25S53ka3m13ocbad4a8a182f596e101b.jpg

I was surfing the net for President Grants and I ran across an add for a President CB radio.

I saw the pics and called faster than ASAP. He bought this off the original owner and said it was one of Unidens top of the line CB radios. He no longer had a need for a CB radio. He seemed like an honest guy so I believed in what he was telling me.

He said it is in mint condition...I'll find out Monday but for $50...

I think I need help...:redface:

Unless it is completely dead, you got a deal. Just never know when the good stuff shows up. I am still amazed that there are people out there trying to sell the 2510 for upwards of $200! Good radios, but, in my opinion, not worth that much! Especially for one that old.
Have fun and hope it works well for you.
trucker

I spoke with the owner last night. He said the phone has been ringing off the hook so he removed the CL add. He has had many counter offers but he said a deal is a deal and he is happy with the $50 for the 2510. I will pick it up Wednesday afternoon. Life is good!

There is one on ebay with 7 days to go. It is at $217.50 with shipping of 134.65.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIDEN-PRESIDENT-HR2510-10-METER-AMATEUR-MOBILE-TRANSCEIVER-10M-HF-RADIO-USED-/270833592845?pt=AU_Electronics_Radio_Equipment&hash=item3f0ef0aa0d

I spoke with the owner last night. He said the phone has been ringing off the hook so he removed the CL add. He has had many counter offers but he said a deal is a deal and he is happy with the $50 for the 2510. I will pick it up Wednesday afternoon. Life is good!

There is one on ebay with 7 days to go. It is at $217.50 with shipping of 134.65.

UNIDEN PRESIDENT HR2510 10 METER AMATEUR MOBILE TRANSCEIVER 10M HF RADIO - USED | eBay

Thats kinda pointless though, it's in Australia and no one in the USA will bid on that. Shipping is crazy, I sent a Magnum Delta to Australia several years ago, guy paid like 166 for the radio and 140 more for shipping. LOL

Thats kinda pointless though, it's in Australia and no one in the USA will bid on that. Shipping is crazy, I sent a Magnum Delta to Australia several years ago, guy paid like 166 for the radio and 140 more for shipping. LOL

140 for shipping to Oz?

I have ordered a S45HP from the US to Oz and they quoted $78US from KY.

Was yours express post?:unsure:

I would rather have found a RCI or president 2950 for $50 than my Galaxy 99 for $35, not that I am disappointed or anything yours is just more awesome.

I am still amazed that there are people out there trying to sell the 2510 for upwards of $200!

I concur. I found one on CL 2 weeks ago for $225, being sold by some clown that does trading, offered to trade him a $379 helmet for it plus I was willing to throw in $100, funny thing is the clown tried saying he'd be lucky to get $70 out of my helmet. But insisted his radio was made of gold. :thumbdown::LOL:

I agree, the 2510/2600/Lincoln are among my favorite all time 10M Mobiles, but they are getting old, and require TLC to keep them on the air.
For me, they now fall into the same slot as the old cobras, if you buy one expect to re-cap them and go over the radio for know problems before putting it back on the air.

Jeff

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIDEN-PRESIDENT-HR2510-10-METER-AMATEUR-MOBILE-TRANSCEIVER-10M-HF-RADIO-USED-/270833592845?pt=AU_Electronics_Radio_Equipment&hash=item3f0ef0aa0d

He had many counter offers but he still sold it to you for $50? On Craigslist the one who shows up with the cash first.... gets it. A deal like that is unheard of because the majority of craigslist buyers will never show up.

50 bucks is a heck of a deal! Great find. Best deal I ever lucked into was a clean Kenwood TS430S and an Astron 20 Amp power supply for 175 bucks. And yes, everything worked! (y)

Enjoy your "new to you" rig.

RT307

I had a chance to buy two HR2510's for $40 each at a hamfest last weekend missing power cords and mics. Seller said they had great receive, but transmit was untested. Would have bought one, but my recent "bad luck" streak buying used radios that don't perform as promised kept me from taking the gamble.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.