• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NA1SS

Just use ARISS for the digi path when you are trying for the ISS. Can you see what digi forwarded your message that put your own call on your station list? What radio?.
VX-8R. I'm not sure if I can see the routing on this radio. If I can, I don't know how.

With your digi settings, you probably got digipeated through a land based digi(WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2), using ARISS only eliminates this possibility. It happened to me on an early attempt(ISS is back on thread). The reason you only received one of the messages on your radio is probably because the other one was probably transmitted/digipeated when a stronger station transmitted at the same time or your antenna wasn't aimed correctly if you are using an arrow/beam.
If I was on 145.825, could it still digipeat via land? Also, I know I got through ARISS because the folks 700 miles away copied me. Does that clear up or muddle the waters?

I figured I probably just missed the second one. I am certainly not RX 100% of all of the packets.

You can digipeat over land on 145.825 when the ISS is around.

You can try this on the VX8R:

Go to station list, scroll to your callsign, press the BAND key, it should show your info, time and date on the screen, press MODE key and it should show

DEST:
DIGI(F):
DIGI(L):
[RAW DATA]

When my packet went through ARISS the DIGI(F) showed RS0ISS-4*

This is what showed up on openaprs on my first attempt: AB9RU-7>TSQT7P via WIDE2-1,qAR,W0JRT, my packet made it to Kansas City Missouri before it made an IGATE, if I'm reading that part of the packet correctly.

Like the 2 messages that were sent to you:
00:02:03:27 : KB1GVR]APU25N,RS0ISS-4*,qAS,W4AEJ-5::KF5HOW-7 :hi de mark{65
00:02:04:02 : KB8CMW]CQ,RS0ISS-4*,PAUL,EM89,qAS,W4AEJ-5:]cpy KF5how-7 de Ohio
Senders were KB1GVR and KB8CMW, both went through ISS(RS0ISS-4*) and they both went through the same IGATE(W4AEJ-5) and because these message contained RS0ISS-4* they were listed or ariss.net.

Your best shot will most likely be with the ISS out over the ocean, less competition, when I got in the ISS was somewhere over Greenland

Good Luck

There is a chance that you may find RS0ISS-4* as a digi and the packet never made it back to an IGATE

No joy when I push the MODE button. It just sits there on my info once I hit the BAND key. Any ideas?

I'll keep trying on ARISS. Maybe I'll see you there.

I cant believe this, changed callsign to -6 today and got two packets through the ISS, each on different passes.

I sent a message to KF5HOW-7, this is what it looked like; 00:00:11:44 : AB9RU-6]APY008,RS0ISS-4*,qAR,W0JRT::KF5HOW-7 :hi_ISS{07

APY008 is the preset destination on my vx-8gr, RS0ISS-4 digipeated it and W0JRT sent the packet into the internet(IGATE) or SGATE

Good luck to anyone else trying

No joy when I push the MODE button. It just sits there on my info once I hit the BAND key. Any ideas?

I'll keep trying on ARISS. Maybe I'll see you there.

Yeah, that function doesn't work on the VX-8r. My guess it probably works with the update that you can send your radio in for, though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.