• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New cobra 148s

I had two of the newer 148 GTLs and the last one was pretty decent. I think the quality is hit and miss on them. I do have an old 1979 version complete with the box that ill never get rid of...

I like to see how stable I can get it just for the hell of it and bc I got a massive amount of components, if I didn't I wouldn't. I actually have it performing pretty well. The only thumbs up I can give it is that it uses a regulator to bias the final.. that's pretty pimp, other than that.. :b

When they had Uniden building their stuff, it was hard to beat IMO.--Robb

I remember hearing that the Cobra29 and Uniden PC78 were the same radio....same for the Cobra 25 and PC68...was that true? Still true? Ever true?
:confused::confused:

I remember in the early 1990s Copper Electronics had a pic of the insides of the 148 GTL and the then new Grant XL.. They were identical. Same for the older Cobra 25 LTD Classic and the PC 66XL... Same went for the Cobra 29 LTD Classic and the PC 76XL!!!! Uniden made them both!

Nothing against the old cobras or the guts inside them, but I am so sick of looking at the same boring, obsolete cobra like radios after 30 years of knowing what a CB radio was.

Its 2013, the future, we should all have jetpacks and work on the moon and mars by now.

And our FCC approved radios should now have FM, scanning, dual watch, and some kind of circuitry that automatically tunes in SSB transmissions without having to touch anything.

Now were still talking on the same old boring radios with the same boring features, only difference is the quality is now crap.

Soon we will revert back to the stone age

Reactions: 2 people
Lol I agree! You'd think someone would step their game up and make one of these magnum route radios for cb. With all the digital ics and micro processors they could probably put most of the radio on o one chip! I don't get it either man..

I'm not trying to start a fight here but I will put my OLD 148gtl against any new one any day of the week. Now am I saying it's the best radio...:LOL::LOL:Not by a long shot but it works for now.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.