• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base New install

There is a Tuning pot inside the radio that is adjustable so never trust the internal meter. A Dosey is not a good wattmeter but it's OK for just SWR readings.
I get50 ohms on my
Coax during test with dummy load swr is flat 1. Calibrated the sark 100 tried the antenna agian I get 50ohms but swr is extremely high

I get50 ohms on my
Coax during test with dummy load swr is flat 1. Calibrated the sark 100 tried the antenna agian I get 50ohms but swr is extremely high
NEVER Trust the SWR Meter in a CB Radio. They are Cheaply Made and Very Unreliable.I would never trust a Dosey but it’s your radio gear not mine.

Im going with Antron 99 this Antenna sucks
Um... Might want to read this first.

Reactions: Marconi
Um... Might want to read this first.
I have a New A99 too, and it is 11" short compared to my Older models. I think that Solarcon has optimized the A99 too. I also get about 1.50:1 on my new one right out of the box without any tuning. I can tune the antenna to 1.00:1 on setting the rings to the bottom...and that is close to CB channel 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioShockwav
There is a Tuning pot inside the radio that is adjustable so never trust the internal meter. A Dosey is not a good wattmeter but it's OK for just SWR readings.
I noticed today swr was flat after leaving antenna apart for a couple of days then started climbing after 2 hrs of reinstall

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.