• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New (To Me) TS-830S

I got real lucky on the FT 102, bought it from the XYL of a silent key in Georgia, she knew nothing about it.

It has the omron ( spellings) relays in it so the factory ones have been replaced.

I called Malcom to see if he had any info on it as it could have been malcomized. Mal said he had lost a lot of his older records in fire so he could not tell me if the serial number of the rig had been on his bench.

Regardless of the history of the rig it works sweet and I really enjoy the receive.

I placed my FT-1000 side by side and did receive comparisions between the two, the 102 imo had a better receive. I got rid of the FT-1000.

Oh man, you've got a 102??? I am afraid that one may be on my list, too. Do you have any pics? Sweet rigs!

Brett

I guess I could take some pics, it looks like any other FT 102 except someone engraved their initials and a bunch of numbers on the top of the face plate, most likely for identification purposes.

Reactions: 2RT307
FT 102
FT 102.jpg
FT 102.jpg
FT 102.jpg

Reactions: 2RT307
I had an FT102 and I sold it years ago, still kicking myself for that.

I know this is kind of an old thread, but there's a nice FT-102 and External VFO for sale on QTH.com right now. Don't know the seller. I am radio poor right now, so no more stuff for me!

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.