• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Nighttime Dx?

Yep. Exactly as it happened for me today. A couple fellows talking locally in Nova Scotioa on .455 and I QSK right into a 30 minute QSO from Arkansas. Never let up.

Here in New Jersey seems the Texas guys are like that but at times I think I must annoy them, I hear them say something about " here comes that east coast skip again". Hey it sure beats the mexicans with the roger beeps

Skip can be had an hour..Be it Day or Night..
I have spoken the world over on skip..Day and Night ..

Night ( late night ) can be easier since most give up and band gets quieter .. Enabling less competition and thus higher rate of success in getting through ( Although not always the case )

Skip can be had an hour..Be it Day or Night..
I have spoken the world over on skip..Day and Night ..

Night ( late night ) can be easier since most give up and band gets quieter .. Enabling less competition and thus higher rate of success in getting through ( Although not always the case )

I talked to Alabama and South Carolina from south Chicagoland, Illinois a few weeks ago on channel 22 around 11:00-11:15 pm CST. I was walking tall in a barefoot mobile with a tuned up Cobra 25 with an old 4 foot Hustler mag mount antenna. They said I was blowing smoke up that way but then again there were no big stations broadcasting in the area to stomp all over me.

Night skip is fun and my barefoot really mobile likes it. (y) Harder to make contacts during the day for sure with my basic set-up it seems.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.