• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Optima MK3

I am pretty sure he ordered from
survivals-ystems.com, which is the actual dealer for the optima MK3.
Or Yeti Comm. LTD.
Best place to order from IMO.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    353.4 KB · Views: 11
I wouldn't order from anyone else but the link I posted above. JMHO. You don't get the warranty and upgraded mic as well as a tune and alignment. Well worth the few extra dollars. JMHO. I'll let others who have bought one as well reply. I will say I didn't get mine from Yeticom, now looking back I wish I would have. Lesson learned!! Get it direct from Mike or Dave and they will make sure it's proper when you get it!! Again, JMHO.

I apologize because I did not make myself clear. I was wondering where KsKev was going to look to purchase the amp not the radio.

Looking at Jokerman electronics!
But still shopping around for best price!
Anybody have a place in mind to buy one at a good price?
NEVER JOKERMAN...... jmho, just go to bells cb in fl.at the very bottom of his web site page in RED you will see CALL NOW click on that.....for amps. If not Go to BBIamps.com if you really want to rock, and see BBi's videos on you tube a" Mr BBI BOX BUILDER AMPS" YOU NEVER find a better amp.

If I turn down the power knob, or the am power pot, it seems to drop my swing also. like 2 swinging 10. Is this not normal, and what needs to be done to change it?

Haven't used my optima in a while so I do forget how some things work. Like when dropping the DK, or drops the overall power output, or PEP output. Good deal! That is even better. Now to the poster. Either stick with the plan and get a TS500 and if you can get it from Yeticom along with the radio, have them matched. This would be the ideal thing to do. Any thoughts on this matter Mr. Yeti Comm. LTD?? Just curious. Or what amp would you suggest paring with this radio for good SSB use. Your knowledge about this stuff is way beyond a lot here, Crusher would be the only other person I would ask this question TBH. But anyway I know what Crusher can do with an amp!! Hint hint. Have a good day LOL!!

Haven't used my optima in a while so I do forget how some things work. Like when dropping the DK, or drops the overall power output, or PEP output. Good deal! That is even better. Now to the poster. Either stick with the plan and get a TS500 and if you can get it from Yeticom along with the radio, have them matched. This would be the ideal thing to do. Any thoughts on this matter Mr. Yeti Comm. LTD?? Just curious. Or what amp would you suggest paring with this radio for good SSB use. Your knowledge about this stuff is way beyond a lot here, Crusher would be the only other person I would ask this question TBH. But anyway I know what Crusher can do with an amp!! Hint hint. Have a good day LOL!!

as mentioned a dx500 is a good match my business partner has used one with his optima for many years and most that want a amp with the radio go for that option .

no need for "matching" as the drive requirements are dead on however in fm mode i would reduce rf power (edit..carrier and am carrier in those modes as "338_MtRushmore' points out later..was busy packing radios when originally posting this message )
..we only sell the turbo version of the dx500 and sadly i only have one left in stock (and its a 2879 version) i have no idea if we are getting anymore since the 2879 is now not used by texas star

as for crusher..yes i know him well we talk on and off about amplifiers and have corresponded a fair bit over the years
i would also recommend bmt ..again i know chris well at bmt..was chatting to him earlier on
both crusher and bmt make regulated/tracked biased amps suitable for ssb (or any other mode)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.